Posted August 06, 2013
Mayfield high is the most CARING and COMPASSIONATE school around! I graduated from there 32 yrs ago, my son 12 yrs ago and my daughter will grad next year! Our whole family has been involved in sports,band,fundraisers and have had a blast doing it! Mayfield is ONE BIG happy family and we support each other together,not as seperate clubs whether its summer or during school.

Mayfield High School 0

Posted August 16, 2009
I personally believe Mayfield is a great school the teachers really put in all their effort and theres many programs for the student so they can get help.

Posted August 06, 2009
I strongly belive Mayfield is the best school around! Especially for such a poorly funded school! The students really appreciate all the things that the teachers do for them. The teachers care about the students, about if they go to college. Not because its their job but because they are great people who go to work because they like it. You dont get that often. Sure, Mayfield may be pretty focused on sports, but we also have other great programs such as choir, band and orchestra! Just look at how successful they are! As for people that think that there is not enough parent communication... they are misstaken. I get letters to give to my parents all the time. So maybe they shouldn't blame the school, because its their student who fails to give them the papers. I think Mayfield is honestly the best school to ever attend!

Posted October 06, 2007

Posted May 11, 2007

Posted July 01, 2005
- a former student
A lot of these reviews seem to focus on athletics. While sports and school spirit are a big part of the experience of going to Mayfield for many students, there is a place for non-athletes as well. Mayfield's music groups (when I was there, Varsity Choir, Women's Choir, Madrigal Singers Elite Choir, Men's Choir, Orchestra, 2 Jazz Bands, Concert Band, etc) were consistently award winning and led by phenomenal teachers. The language departments (French, German, Spanish) are amazing. The AP course selection and teachers are phenomenal and much loved by their students. For students who chose to aim their education toward vocational studies, the business and technical programs are award winning and do wonders for the esteem and sense of achievement of their students. Mayfield is not just a good school, it's a great school no matter what your needs are.

Posted March 17, 2005

Posted March 13, 2005
For being such a poorly funded school, I'm amazed at the quality of the programs availible. I have never in all my years seen a staff as happy and dedicated as the one at Mayfield. Not only is the staff dedicated but the majority of the student body is happy to be there. All academic courses are very strong, and all departments boast awards for their achievements. Activities such as music and sports also have much to boast about, despite lack of funding. The extracurricular activities are always doing something to help the community, I have never encountered a harder working group of kids. As for parent involvement, it varies from area to area but overall you see a fair amount.

Mayfield High School 4

Posted March 08, 2005
- a former student
Mayfield is an excellent school, one that I am proud to say I graduated from in 2004. There definitely are some problems with it though. The academic side is often very neglected for athletics, and athletes, especially football players, definitely receive special treatment. However, this is from administration mostly, and most teachers are pretty fair. The honors level and AP teachers are the best anyone could ever hope to get. They are consistently rated among the best in the state. However, the opinion of a student is worth nothing if compared to that of a member of the faculty- we apparently don't matter. With teachers, most of my experiences were excellent. But in a school trying to teach us to grow up and get ready for what comes next, the opinion of the student should be held in greater esteem.

Posted October 19, 2004

Mayfield High School
1955 North Valley Dr, Las Cruces, NM  88007
Last modified Mayfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayfield High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top