Hillrise Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
This one BIG teacher often yelled at my autistic son for not speaking which wasn't so welcome. When asked if I could change his class, they said all classes are full and my son continued to come home crying from being scared and humiliated.

Posted January 01, 2013
As an involved parent of multiple children that have attended Hillrise since the school opened, I can say that this school is a great school. The staff is very dedicated doing their very best for the benefit of every child that attends the school. The staff really cares about all the diverse population of children. In our own personal experience, all our children received a great educational foundation at this school that helped them in later grades, and ultimately to successful college achievement and careers. This school consistently achieves high scores for the students. The staff attends professional development and always seeks out the best for the benefit of their students. There is strong parental involvement. The school does a good job with communication and the school website is current and always very helpful. The administration changes a lot (as it does with many schools) which does create problems with changes (not always positive) in school climate, culture, and history. Can it do better in certain areas - yes, as many other schools could do, too. The specials the children attend are top-notch and do a great job presenting valuable information.

Hillrise Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2012
My son started school here and was bullied. No one helped. The teacher would watch 3rd grade kids call him 'gay lord' (mind you he has two dads) and he would either smug or just watch. I complained to school officials I wanted a teacher who didn't condone maltreatment of my son and they said all the class were full till at last in March they made room shorlty after the teacher laughed when my son said he's not gay because his parents are.

Hillrise Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2011
My daughter is beginning her 4th year at Hillrise and it has been up and down. Mrs. Fletcher her 1st principal was a gem and kept the school at above excellent. Then Mrs. Marta came and things went swiftly downhill with communication and AYP. We have a new principal this year and morale really seems to be up, so we are all crossing our fingers that Hillrise will get back to what it used to be and we'll get AYP again.

Posted June 28, 2010
Very happy with this school. We transfered from another school after not being happy at all. Every part of this school is great. I was really impressed by the principals involvment and the teachers.

Hillrise Elementary School 0

Posted October 30, 2009
This school is truly a community!

Posted July 10, 2009
We move our daughter to HIllrise 2 years ago from a local christian school. It is the best thing we ever could have done for her. All of the teacher we have interacted with have been very motivated, dynamic professionals who have the ability to flex their teaching method to match the child. There are a number of resources to address any problem areas and the after school program is great. I honestly feel guilty about not having to pay tution for a school this good!

Posted June 12, 2008

Posted October 02, 2007
Great staff, supportive learning environments, excellent after-school program and top-notch music and visual arts curricula and teachers!

Hillrise Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
The PTA is a great asset to Hillrise Elementary. Without them it would be just average. My daughter attended Kindergarten last year. I think she graduated at 1st grade level. That is with the early help from my wife. Her teacher Miss. Abalos was exceptional for a freshman first grade teacher. Kudos!

Hillrise Elementary School
1400 South Curnutt St, Las Cruces, NM  88011
Last modified Hillrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillrise Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top