Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter and I had a wonderful experience at Hillrise! It is with much sadness that her years at Hillrise have come to an end, this year she graduated. She has had so many great experiences that she will treasure for the rest of her life. Hillrise truly has enriched her life and set her on a wonderful path to start her teen years. The values and respect that has been instilled in her will surely play a positive roll in her life. I owe much of this to her teacher this final year Mrs. Wendy Graham is is an exceptional teacher!! She puts all the kids on the same level and makes them feel extremely comfortable which is what is needed to learn. Thank you Mrs. Graham for giving my daughter the best year of her elementary experience. Given what Mrs.Graham has done for my by making her last year a memorable and joyful I can not thank her enough!! I highly recommend Hillrise and especially Mrs. Graham for demonstrating how a teacher should be! I have two older daughters in their mid and late 20s who both attended Hillrise and also found it to be exceptional and are thriving in great careers thanks to the foundation they received at Hillrise.

I am a parent of two boys at Hillrise. We purposefully chose this school based on performance, parental involvement, and teaching quality. There is a positive environment for children there with good teachers and administrators. Parents feel welcomed there and my own children feel supported and happy. I feel that overall in Las Cruces, this is the best elementary school in our town.

I was bullied and beaten and the staff turned a blind eye and didn't help me.

This one BIG teacher often yelled at my autistic son for not speaking which wasn't so welcome. When asked if I could change his class, they said all classes are full and my son continued to come home crying from being scared and humiliated.

As an involved parent of multiple children that have attended Hillrise since the school opened, I can say that this school is a great school. The staff is very dedicated doing their very best for the benefit of every child that attends the school. The staff really cares about all the diverse population of children. In our own personal experience, all our children received a great educational foundation at this school that helped them in later grades, and ultimately to successful college achievement and careers. This school consistently achieves high scores for the students. The staff attends professional development and always seeks out the best for the benefit of their students. There is strong parental involvement. The school does a good job with communication and the school website is current and always very helpful. The administration changes a lot (as it does with many schools) which does create problems with changes (not always positive) in school climate, culture, and history. Can it do better in certain areas - yes, as many other schools could do, too. The specials the children attend are top-notch and do a great job presenting valuable information.

My daughter is beginning her 4th year at Hillrise and it has been up and down. Mrs. Fletcher her 1st principal was a gem and kept the school at above excellent. Then Mrs. Marta came and things went swiftly downhill with communication and AYP. We have a new principal this year and morale really seems to be up, so we are all crossing our fingers that Hillrise will get back to what it used to be and we'll get AYP again.

Very happy with this school. We transfered from another school after not being happy at all. Every part of this school is great. I was really impressed by the principals involvment and the teachers.

We move our daughter to HIllrise 2 years ago from a local christian school. It is the best thing we ever could have done for her. All of the teacher we have interacted with have been very motivated, dynamic professionals who have the ability to flex their teaching method to match the child. There are a number of resources to address any problem areas and the after school program is great. I honestly feel guilty about not having to pay tution for a school this good!

Great staff, supportive learning environments, excellent after-school program and top-notch music and visual arts curricula and teachers!

Last modified Hillrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.