Onate High School 4

Posted May 08, 2014
Onate has a dramatic clash of great students on their way to excellence in life, and gangster looking kids up to no good. There is almost no in-between - sort of like a normal high school. Join the band and sign up for honors classes, and you will have the best experience of your life. If your kid absolutely refuses to be a musician, then put them in track. The band directors there will take great care of your kids. There are teachers there whom I am still trying to please, years after graduation. They were very influential.

Onate High School 1

Posted October 30, 2012
I attend Onate High School during my freshmen year in 2010-2011. Giving my honest rating for this school, I did not had a happy experience in this school. First, I have to say if your very sensitive about what people think about you, you may struggle in this school because the students are the main downfall of this school. The students are disrespectful and rude to others, insulting other students on how they look like and making snide comments as you walk by. It's just like that high school that you would see in those movies. In the grade academics, the scoring is not the best . Most of the students couldn't even try or didn't even cared. The staff and teachers were lukewarm, the teachers were average at their lectures and the staff were not friendly. Of course, this is a high school, people will be mean, sometimes you have to understand their personalities and try to get through the year like I did. Those kid insulted and shoved me constantly, but I guess that's just real life. Again, if your a very sensitive person, you are not going to like this school. Don't expect the school to be friendly. It's not a good high school .

Onate High School 5

Posted October 27, 2012
My son is a Freshman at Onate and we love it here! He has chosen the medical pathway and we are very excited about him graduating with his CNA and EMT certifications. I have gone to several pep rallies and also sold merchandise for the football team in the hallways. Every time I go the atmosphere is light hearted and the students are respectful and courteous. They have made great strides in education and athletics and we are looking forward to the next three years. Go Knights!

Onate High School 1

Posted May 21, 2012
I have to agree that this school is horrible. I had all three of my children graduate from there and had no other choice due to the fact that we live in White Sands Missile Range as well. They have talked bad about how us military parents are and how we over react. I know this because i was there and my son when this was stated by the secretary. Also, I just love how they inforce the rule for clothes NOT!!! And they wonder why so many teens get pregnant. So sad that they leave out the kids that are HONOR ROLL ALL YEAR, Do not acknowledge them for never causing or getting into trouble. The only school I also know of that has a day care...Seriously?!?! And the involvement, I was told i couldn't even be at the meeting for seniors due to the fact my daughter had only me for transportation i had to wait for her. Parents are suppose to never be discouraged from being there or supportive of their child.

Onate High School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
My kid has been at Onate for 2 years. We are military. The military kid is right...they don't respect the teachers at all in this school. Even the Honors kids are rude to the teachers. And yes, they are rude about Soldiers as well. They have kids who don't speak english in class, and they get a translator the sit in the class with them and when they translate it is loud, distracting, and makes it hard for the other students to hear the teacher. Calling the school and getting an answer is like the search for the Holy Grail...except eventually you may find the Grail. You might get a rude call back if you are very pushy. The secretary in the front office is beyond rude. I shake my head after I interact with her, and tell my kid to just try to be polite.

Onate High School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
I am a freshman at this school. Some kids are indeed disrespectful, some teachers we can do without and yes, our test scores are down because at the end of the day with all the knowledge we have people who just do not try. Go figure, it seems like a regular high school. The rude kids, well most of that starts at home, and how they see the world. If you stay in the right groups you will never have an issue of bullying and many people are there to make friends, we are very individualized but excepting. With the teachers sadly every student finds one that they do not exsactly like. This is normal, this is part of growing up and working with different personalities while trying to succeed. There are students who try and students who slack. It's their life. It's a nice school.

Onate High School 0

Posted March 21, 2010
I am a freshman at this school. I am a military child. Onate is HORRIBLE. Don't get me wrong, the teachers and staff are very respectful and such but the students have very poor attitudes. They dont care about there grades much and they are very dis respectful. Some dont even stand up for the pledge of alliciance and they make rude comments about some of our soldiers. I hate this school.

Onate High School 2

Posted October 07, 2009
This is my third high school and it is the worst one. More than half the kids are below average in all subjects. the student are at fault to a point but most of the blame lies on the teacher and their teaching skills don't get me wrong most of the teachers are good, but there are a few teacher that the school would be a lot better without. if they got rid of them and changed there teaching styles the test scores would go up.

Onate High School 5

Posted August 21, 2009
This school is one of the greatest I love it! I ve been there 3 years I m on my last now, I wouldn t change anything about it. There are wonderful, friendly teachers & administrators around every corner ready and willing to answer any questions you may have. The student s are friendly as well all grades hang out freshmen and seniors sophomores and juniors any way you can mix it!

Onate High School 0

Posted February 10, 2009
My daughter is a sophomore at Onate High School. She loves her school. She is in Honors classes and I feel she will be well prepared for college. Onate has alot of kids in the Honors Programs.

Onate High School
5700 Mesa Grande Dr, Las Cruces, NM  88011
Last modified Onate High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Onate High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top