Las Cruces, NM

Posted December 19, 2014
This is the worse school ever! The saddest thing about it is that this school has Such a bad reputation because of the careless staff, it's not even because of the students. The principal's at this school go out of their way to bully and harass our children. It's disturbing that our children go to school not worried about being bullied by their peers, but bullied by these ridiculous grown adults. It's so bad that the assistant principal Talley, was having 7th graders and 6th graders change out in the field for football practice. Even if not playing for the school they still represented and attended that school and should have been given the privacy and respect of being allowed to dress in locker rooms! How can this "men" be given the privilege of running an entire school when they can not even accommodate the children to share a locker room?! This staff has the authority and power to make this a really good school and can really make a difference in children's lives..instead use their authority and power to male it a living hell for all these kids. They have even gone to the extent of staging and setting kids up to have them expelled from the entire district. News media Alert!!!!
4 people found this helpful

Posted December 18, 2014
This has been the worst school any of my kids ever attended.... I would not recommend this school to any parent. The principal's and SOME staff in this school do more bulling then the actual students. It really sucks when your child has to experience bulling from grown adults that are suppose to be mentors.

Camino Real Middle School 5

Posted June 30, 2014
I just recently finished up 8th grade at Camino. I was new this year, but over the course of a few months I was able to find my friends and who I hung out with. The teachers I had were absolutely amazing. It felt like I had a friendship with all of them. They went out of their way and they truly were the best teachers I could have ever asked for. The athletics are pretty good, we won the Boys' Basketball championship and got really close with the volleyball tournament. The band program is fabulous. People are generally friendly and approachable. Camino was an amazing school and the best possible way to finish up my middle school years.

Posted September 27, 2013
I had read/heard bad things about this school and principal before my son attended this school year but I thought it was just unique cases but I soon learned it's not unique and this school is an utter disorganized mess with lack of a leadership. The principal ( Mr. Ramos) is so worried about his image than the actual school and students. Trying to get a hold of this principal is nearly impossible.
3 people found this helpful

Camino Real Middle School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
My oldest son is in 8 th grade this year and I have to say I never had any kind of issue. In 7 th grade he had a boy bullying him but the school took care of the next day and since then I never had any more problems. The teachers I deal with it are very nice and wanted the best for my son. For the people that had bad things to say about Camino I tell them that unfortunately issues are everywhere. You will always something to complain in anyschool. Go wildcats!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
What a joke. Apparently this is pretty much the best middle school LC has to offer, which is why we decided to move out of state. An appallingly tyrannical and practically illiterate principal; disengaged, bitter, barely qualified teachers; and an aggressively anti-intellectual school culture. Seriously, "mediocre" is being far too kind.

Posted May 14, 2013
On multiple occasions I have tried to reach Mr. Ramos the principal and he is never at the school! One of the parents told me Mr. Ramos has 2 full time jobs? Now I understand why he is never at school and his assistants are always taking care of buisness for him.

Posted May 13, 2013
School has what seems like 10 different 'Principles'. But in reality there just propped up secretaries. These so called principles do not enforce the school bullying policies, and even the written policies are weak. With terms like may rather than will punish. I am confident that the principles are more interested in stopping the reports of bullying that the actual thing. Warning... do not send your child to this school. They will not be protected. Threats are not taken seriously!

Posted October 03, 2012
If you are looking for a middle school where the teachers and principals are just as immature, bullies as the students than this is the school for you! 3 principals who do not communicate with one another or with the parents when there is a problem. They rather cover it up until --- hits the fan and apologize later. The focus of the school are on the troubled, bully and bratty kids while they fail to keep the good students who are there to learn unchallenged and unprotected. If your child loves school do not have him/ her attend camino, don't say I didn't warn you.

Posted May 03, 2010
We moved our daughter out of this school because she has had incident after incident of bullying. The last incident she was targeted by a boy and we felt we couldn't let her go back. There are way too many kids there for the school to be able to adequately protect and educate them.

Camino Real Middle School
2961 Rdrunner Pky, Las Cruces, NM  88011
Last modified Camino Real Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camino Real Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top