Bad
Good

I used to go to this school from 2008 to 2013. Unfortunately I had to move out of state or I would've stayed as long as I could. The teachers are passionate about their work and are very good at their job (in my opinion). There were lots of programs in my years of education like music, art ,PE. We even learned Chinese everyday.

I have been very happy with my grandson's progress in Kindergarden at Tombaugh Elementary School.

This school is very awesome. The teachers and staff are very passionate about their jobs and the quality they put forth in their jobs is quite extraordinary, I am very pleased and they have exceeded my expectations when I had my first son enrolled there. I have been wanting to move from my home to another place and the only reason I don't is because I am fearful that I will not find a school as dedicated as this. Thank you Tombaugh for all that you do, Keep shining Comets!

My daughter has attended Tombaugh for two years now and I LOVE it! I was worried about the quality of schools in Las Cruces, but everyone told me Tombaugh was a good school, and now I would have to agree! My daughter's kindergarten teacher was wonderful and we are looking forward to placing my son in that same class next year. He attends the DD Preschool for speech and his teacher really crams a lot of curriculum into 2 1/2 hours. The principal is very supportive of all the teachers and the atmosphere is upbeat and positive. My daughter is reading at the 3rd grade level, doing some pretty amazing math and even learning Chinese! Tombaugh is wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better elementary experience!

Principal is always M.I.A. (in her office) unlike the Vice Principal... HE'S AWESOME with the kids, always available, always involved with parents and the students! I'ts nice to see him everyday, shows he cares!

This is a fantastic school. They do many projects and fun things. I love going to school there. I also love my teacher her name is Mrs. Cotton. I love it here.

Last modified Tombaugh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.