No rating

Mesilla Valley Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 422 students

Living in Las Cruces

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $108,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $540.

Posted September 22, 2014

MVCS is an excellent school with great teachers and a caring staff. My kids have both enjoyed sports and have been very positively impacted by godly coaches and leadership. We cannot imagine sending our kids to any other school than MVCS!

Posted August 2, 2014

My children have attended MVCS for 4 years now. The school has seen very positive changes in the past year with a new administrator, but for the most part, the reasons why we began and remain at the school hasn't changed. First, and foremost, the word of God is taught. I want my children to have the religious freedom to pray, read the bible, and be taught by educators who genuinely care about the children and teach positive values on a daily basis. I continue to be impressed with the level of education that is taught each and every year. MVCS offers a rigorous academic program that has challenged my kids and keeps them interested during the entire school year. I am so impressed each year when I see the accomplishments of each graduating senior and the amount of scholarships offered. MVCS is a small school so it has an "old school, small town" feeling about it. Children seem to genuinely care about each other, parents are involved, and staff is appreciative and supportive. I can't imagine my children being anywhere different.

Posted March 13, 2014

MVCS is a an excellent school, we have been involved for many years and have seen both the ups and downs typical of any organization. In all though we have been blessed to have our children attend. They excelled in their studies, made great friends, attended the college of their choice and loved the extra curricular programs! Many changes for this year which have helped moved MVCS ahead once again..

Posted October 4, 2013

Terrible school. Way to focued on sports at the expense of the entire program. Data is incomplete or untruthful. Stay away if you care about your child's education.

Posted April 16, 2013

I am a substitute teacher who began substituting in the public schools in February. I recently subbed at MVCS middle school. There is a dramatic difference between the public schools and Mesilla Valley Christian Schools. The classes are more orderly, the students learn much more and are expected to work harder, and the profanity and crudeness so evident in the public schools is absent.

Posted January 22, 2013

MVCS is a great school. The students are definitely ahead of the public schools at each grade level. The school keeps the parents informed through weekly emails, edline and their website. I am very pleased with the Christ centered education. The high school students are very respectul. My children have been attending MVCS for 8 years and we love it!

Posted November 21, 2012

lets start off with the bad; the school does have below average leadership, they don't have good communication with the parents, and they do allow some non-christian students/families in that don't always have the same beliefs. Before you try to make the school look bad, try weighing out the good and bad. the good things are that the school is a college prep school, so you get college level classes during your senior year, FREE OF COST. prayer is a large part of the school curriculum, and the high school teachers DO in fact practice as they preach. as a matter of fact, a small handful of the teachers are pastors, all of which are bible teachers. THESE TEACHERS HAVE EXPERIENCE. they use life stories to help guide students in the right way to go. I do indeed know what I am talking about, partly because I'm a student there.

Posted November 14, 2012

I agree that the previous posts are old. We moved our children to MVCS and found out the hard way that the school, administration, board, and most of the teachers lack vision, compasion, and do not practice as they preach. This last year there was a mass exit of students. Maybe this will wake them up and allow God to guide them to be more Christian.

Posted August 2, 2012

All of these posts are are from 2008 -2010. Wow! This school has changed drastically since then. My heart breaks for so many reasons. The direction, actually, they've lost the direction. I pray for the Board to open there eyes and truly see what is going on. There is no leadership from the Superintendant, the Principal, etc....Rules apply to some and not others. I could go on and on but won't. Please pray because they need to let God back in

Posted December 7, 2010

Most of current administrators are new to the school. MVCS has some great teachers but they are far and few between on the secondary side. I felt that the MVCS of the past was more of a college preparatory school but feel that their standard have slipped. I believe in hard work but feel some of the teachers assign busy work. Some of the teachers have too many roles at the school and it affects the quality of the education. I did always like that it was a service oriented school. Secondary children are better off academically in the public schools.

Posted May 11, 2009

My children are new to MVCS. We have been welcomed with open arms. I felt drawn to the school from day one. I know that my children will be well cared for here. Thank God for this school.

Posted December 8, 2008

The administration is completely new and a welcome breathe of fresh air. While not sacrificing values, the school accomodates kids and families of all beliefs. There were many problems in the past that seem to be rooted with the past administrators. The school is at a transition point and is poised to explode in growth of all kinds. The sports program has been transformed over the past three years and is rated as the number one school in three sports--basketball, baseball and volleyball. The teachers are still underpaid but are valued by most families for their commitment to their children. MVCS has turned a corner and is exceling in national merit scholarships, PSAT scores and higher than average ACT scores when compared to the local high schools. Awesome, awesome school!

Posted December 2, 2008

There are a lot of good things to be said about this school. As far as Values goes, it is good that the teachers espouse good ones. Unfortunately, very few of the students do. As far as value goes, its hard to say that it is substantially better than the Public School. It all depends so heavily upon the individual teachers. MVCS has few really good teachers. Most are mediocre.

Posted October 13, 2008

This is the fourth year my children have been at MVCS. It is an awesome school. The drama program, praise team, baseball team, and yearbook opportunities have all been great additions to my children's education. Last spring's Young Authors Day really inspired reading in the students. The fact that K-12 is on the same campus allows the older kids to serve as mentors for the younger ones. The Bible is part of everything taught at the school making it a truly Christian school

Posted October 13, 2008

It is a pleasure to work at MVCS. The faculty truly care about each other and our students. All of our faculty are certified through Association of Christian Schools International (or are in the process). Several also hold state certificates. All have a bachelors degree and the many either hold a masters degree or are working toward one.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 26, 2008

The school is a private christian school and has beliefs that support christian behavior. The school attempts to establish partnerships with the parents in educating the children, however, some parents feel the school has all the responsibility. If every parent took ownership in their child's education, the school would excel even further. Great school with great faculty.

Posted April 25, 2008

Current elementary principle is a stong advocate of having problem children sent to 'a nice doctor' and put on drugs. If you have a creative, imaginative, or very active child this is not the school for them. The school presents itself as non-denominational but follows the Southern Baptist and Focus on the Family parties lines. If you believe that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory insead of a statement of religious beliefs then this is not your school. I've had children there for the past 6 years. I'm not sure they will be there in the future.

Posted May 31, 2007

We have had our kids at mvcs for several years. It's small and many of the teachers and other staff are kind and helpful, although, there are some who aren't. That's nature! Speaking of which, if you have a problem with the idea of science taught 'creationistic' over evolution, don't send your kids there.

Posted December 8, 2005

I have two children who have been at this school for 2 years. They are getting a very sound education and their Christian values are a part of their every day life. There are plenty of extra curricular activities, and lots of opportunities for learning outside of the classroom. (Math and science clubs etc.) Parents are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Any concern I have ever had was addressed with thoughtfulness. The children at this school are allowed to enjoy their childhood and enjoy growing up in a more protected environment and are surrounded by loving, caring, committed and talented teachers and faculty. They are available after hours for helping students or visiting with parents.

Posted March 30, 2005

My daughters have attended this school for 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. The public schools in this area are so sub-standard, there is no comparison. When my youngest was struggeling with spelling, her teacher spent hours each week after school to make sure she did better. This year my older daughter was struggling with her Jr. High math and the teacher started an after school math tutor class for her and other students that need the extra help. It is a CHRISTIAN SCHOOL and teaches Christian beliefs. They have weekly chapel, and are very loving and caring to the children trusted to their care.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3850 Stern Drive