Las Cruces, NM

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 09, 2015
Grades are not posted in a timely manner. Report cards take 2+ weeks to be entered and sent out after the grading period is supposedly over.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 09, 2015
Our daughter left this school with less confidence than before she entered. She gives up incredibly quickly now.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 09, 2015
The school has a joke of an attendance policy for younger ages. The staff talks about divorced parents in front of other parents.

Posted September 22, 2014
MVCS is an excellent school with great teachers and a caring staff. My kids have both enjoyed sports and have been very positively impacted by godly coaches and leadership. We cannot imagine sending our kids to any other school than MVCS!

Posted August 02, 2014
My children have attended MVCS for 4 years now. The school has seen very positive changes in the past year with a new administrator, but for the most part, the reasons why we began and remain at the school hasn't changed. First, and foremost, the word of God is taught. I want my children to have the religious freedom to pray, read the bible, and be taught by educators who genuinely care about the children and teach positive values on a daily basis. I continue to be impressed with the level of education that is taught each and every year. MVCS offers a rigorous academic program that has challenged my kids and keeps them interested during the entire school year. I am so impressed each year when I see the accomplishments of each graduating senior and the amount of scholarships offered. MVCS is a small school so it has an "old school, small town" feeling about it. Children seem to genuinely care about each other, parents are involved, and staff is appreciative and supportive. I can't imagine my children being anywhere different.

Posted March 13, 2014
MVCS is a an excellent school, we have been involved for many years and have seen both the ups and downs typical of any organization. In all though we have been blessed to have our children attend. They excelled in their studies, made great friends, attended the college of their choice and loved the extra curricular programs! Many changes for this year which have helped moved MVCS ahead once again..

Mesilla Valley Christian Schools 1

Posted October 04, 2013
Terrible school. Way to focued on sports at the expense of the entire program. Data is incomplete or untruthful. Stay away if you care about your child's education.

Posted April 16, 2013
I am a substitute teacher who began substituting in the public schools in February. I recently subbed at MVCS middle school. There is a dramatic difference between the public schools and Mesilla Valley Christian Schools. The classes are more orderly, the students learn much more and are expected to work harder, and the profanity and crudeness so evident in the public schools is absent.

Posted January 22, 2013
MVCS is a great school. The students are definitely ahead of the public schools at each grade level. The school keeps the parents informed through weekly emails, edline and their website. I am very pleased with the Christ centered education. The high school students are very respectul. My children have been attending MVCS for 8 years and we love it!

Mesilla Valley Christian Schools 4

Posted November 21, 2012
lets start off with the bad; the school does have below average leadership, they don't have good communication with the parents, and they do allow some non-christian students/families in that don't always have the same beliefs. Before you try to make the school look bad, try weighing out the good and bad. the good things are that the school is a college prep school, so you get college level classes during your senior year, FREE OF COST. prayer is a large part of the school curriculum, and the high school teachers DO in fact practice as they preach. as a matter of fact, a small handful of the teachers are pastors, all of which are bible teachers. THESE TEACHERS HAVE EXPERIENCE. they use life stories to help guide students in the right way to go. I do indeed know what I am talking about, partly because I'm a student there.

3850 Stern Drive, Las Cruces, NM  88001
Last modified Mesilla Valley Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Mesilla Valley Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top