Bad
Good

Valencia High School 4

Posted September 09, 2014
Have had an above average experience with VHS. Some of the teachers are outstanding. The band program is excellent

Valencia High School 3

Posted March 12, 2013
We had a number of misgivings based upon rumors prior to letting our daughter attend VHS. That said, we have been pleasantly surprised by how well the school has met her needs. They have a fantastic music program and as a musician this has been very good for her. We have found that the administration has been very accommodating for our daughter academic needs including placing her in the advanced classes ahead of schedule in order to meet the guidelines of her IEP. We have not found a plethora of misbehavior and really have found the student body to be very typical of any high school. We have found that parents are involved, but it could be simply because of the large number of parents involved with the band program. As with any high school there are some amazing teachers and some that struggle, but to date we have not run into any that are inadequate.

Valencia High School 1

Posted April 10, 2011
Don't forget the hazing in athletics here. This school is terrible and my kids will never attend. One year was enough for us!

Valencia High School 1

Posted March 13, 2011
Mediocrity at BEST. Uninvolved parents, teachers are way too lenient, most students are many grade levels behind the curriculum. I moved my child out after freshman year. When I went to disenroll my child I could not believe the number of pregnant girls or the massive displays of public affection. Also, not enough textbooks for the students. This school is a joke and will not even begin to prepare your child for college. Im glad I moved my child. Oh yes, and dont get me started on all of the pot smoking that goes on in the bathrooms and parking lots AND the weak, weak, administration.If you want your child to become involved in gangs, drugs, sex, or just recieve a less than average education than this is the place for you! Im glad I moved my child out of this school district.

Valencia High School
301 Bonita Vista Blvd, Los Lunas, NM  87031
Last modified Valencia High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.