Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 19, 2015
Depends on the parents too. Not all feel the need to instill these values but that is society for today. It's all about "me,me,me..."

Posted October 19, 2015
Best school in the district. Parents are very involved in activities. Principal and staff know students by first name and my son has been going to the school now for six years. The school got a rating of "A" in the district. Not to mention, the principal is the highest paid out of all the principles in the district. That says something right there. To the woman who said she could not bring snacks in, I wonder why. If they did not have regulations all the parents would be up there bringing in snacks and playing with their kids. Talk about disruption. It is parent friendly and if parents can't make it to conferences, they can do it over the phone. All the teachers are great and the majority of them have a Master's degree. Love this school! We have the finances to put our son in a private school but have chosen not to because this school has been excellent!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 19, 2015
Principal doesn't put up with any bs, follows the rules and cares about the students.

Sundance Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2015
Principal makes the school NOT family friendly and events very unaccomidating for families. She needs to retire.

Posted December 22, 2012
I personally love this school. My son is currently a 1st grader there, this is his second year there. He was having problems and his teacher was very prompt in detecting the problem and then working with my husband and I along with the counseling staff to identify possible solutions. The teachers there are very caring and seem very inspired by their choice of vocation. The campus is very secure and you have to go through several sets doors to get to any of the classrooms, which is mildly annoying when dropping off one child while carrying another, but when one takes into account the importance of security in our schools, I feel comforted to know that those doors are there. Beyond the security, it is just a beautifully designed school. The library is amazing and they even have their own gym. Basically Sundance is a school that I feel good about taking my child to every day because I know that he will be safe and will learn a ton while he is there.

Posted August 21, 2012
I'm not sure where the previous parent review is coming from. Maybe things were different last year. We just moved to the area and I researched schools in the Abq. area exhaustively. Almost every parent I spoke with recommended this school. It is K thru 6 (not 5 as listed). The teachers and staff are extremely helpful and ready to involve parents in their child's education. Parents are required to sign off on all homework assignments as well as participate in daily reading and journaling. Teachers and staff are available to talk with parents every day. At least three parents I spoke with from neighboring gradeschools choose to bring their children to Sundance because they like the principal so much. The school itself and the playground are newly built and beautiful including an outdoor courtyard the students pass thru on the way to and from classes. Drop-off and pick-up are very fluid thanks to staff escorting each student to his/her bus, car, or parent. My children are very happy with the school and so am I.

Sundance Elementary School 1

Posted July 11, 2011
I was not impressed with this school. They say they have an open door policy but they will not let the parents out on the playground at lunch time nor can you bring snacks in. They did not encourage parents to get involved and our son frequently came home and told us his teacher told him "i don't want to hear it" after him being bullied. Only 1 field trip...no dances or other parent involment activities.The education being taught was average but to be expected with New Mexico school system. We pulled our son out and placed him in another school this year. I would rather drive 30 minutes one way than but our child back in this school!

3701 Sundance SW, Los Lunas, NM  87031
Last modified Sundance Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sundance Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top