Los Lunas, NM

Los Lunas Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
My child has been going to this school for 2 years and one month in Kindergarten. The teachers don't pay attention to the kids at all. The assistant principal is the only one that I have been able to deal with any time I have called or gone to discuss any isssue. I did catch the principal ONE time because I went into the school in the morning while dropping my child off and told them I would not leave until speaking to her. At this time she COMPLETELY blew us off and said that my child was not being bullied. My child was also held in the bathroom by older students and told to say bloody Mary and they would let her go. My child has also been choked multiple times and nothing ever got done. They avoid everything! I am currently looking for a new school after multiple attempts to contact the school and resolve these issues I have had enough.Not all of the teachers there are bad my child just has not had good teachers and the principal isn't in the right profession. I strongly recommend that you do NOT send your child here elementary school should be carefree and not stressful.

Posted May 06, 2015
LLE is a great school. We have a principal, Mrs. Cannon, who seems to try new ideas to improve school safety and is always involved with the students. The assistant principal, Mrs. Tabet, I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She is awesome and loves her job. She is never to busy to help a parent and/or student. Mrs. Archuleta was my son's teacher for pre-school 2 years ago. She is a wonderful asset to the school. All of the teachers I have come in contact with seem to enjoy the school, community and most of all the students.

Posted May 21, 2014
My son loved his Pre-K class. He really loved his teacher Mrs. Archuleta (Mrs.A) . Also her teacher aides Miss kim and Miss Jennifer. She really loves teaching and she is great with the kids. She made learning fun for my son. :)

Los Lunas Elementary School

Posted July 09, 2008
LLE has a very dedicated staff who deeply care about every student that they have the priviledge to teach, however the upper level district administration cares nothing about the working environment of it's teachers or the actual students lives and base all it's decisions on test scores. Teaching strategies that have been employed successfully for many years are expected to be discarded so that uniformity is taking place in every classroom in the district regardless of the actual needs of the students or the professional strategies that the teacher knows will work based on years of experience. Teachers are subjected to endless hours of so called professional development to learn less successful techniques Teachers are not respected for what they know by administrators who have been away from the classroom for way too long and know nothing about the actual families of Los Lunas.

Los Lunas Elementary School 5

Posted June 04, 2007
I have taught at LLE for 10 years and can say without hesitation that it is a very fine school. This school has a very supportive and caring staff, including the administration, and very qualified dedicated teachers. Safety has improved dramatically and I would gladly send any child there. My daughter attended this school for 5 years and has now graduated from high school. She is attending a college out of state on an academic scholarship. The foundation she received at LLE was excellent.

Los Lunas Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
My family gladly moved to KGE zoning. The teachers at LLE are fantastic! The leadership(ie)the pricipal, however is not of the same calibur as the teachers. Bus safety is lacking. Parents make sure your children are being monitored at the busing area. My 1st grader,who was a BUS rider, seemed to land up at the public library while we were just about to issue an Amber alert. Needless to say for 40 mins I was a wreck looking for him. NOTHING was done Nothing not even a phone call from the principal. The counsler, his teacher and an aide were the only people from the school looking for my son. Be very careful parents, I would not want anyone to go thru this major safety issue. We are so grateful we got our son back.

Los Lunas Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2005
Los Lunas Elementary used to be an outstanding school. However, for the past 2 years the quality of the school has decreased dramatically due the the lack of leadership from the current principal. She avoids parents and does not want to listen to their concerns or answer questions. Discipline and safety are a huge problem, and the principal refuses to address the issues that parents and teachers bring to her attention. Due to the principal, the quality of this school has been diminshed. Alot of the really good teachers are leaving because of the changes at the school.

Los Lunas Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2004
After having the teacher call and tell me she had just punished my medically fragile child who has a siezure disorder by putting Salt & then again the pepper in her mouth I began to come to school frequently and observe her class room. I found that in her classroom with her teacher there was no real special education learning going on. Her therapists were great! She has some really nice inclusion class teachers. Try finding a different school with a special education teacher and assistant you can trust your child with.

Posted July 10, 2004
good school, fun atmosphere, organized, great spirit, flexible, Mr. Briggs is the best!

Los Lunas Elementary School
800 Coronado Rd, Los Lunas, NM  87031
Last modified Los Lunas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Lunas Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top