Los Lunas High School 2

Posted June 26, 2014
I stand by the parent from Minnesota, having both lived in and taught in Minnesota and Wisconsin. There is a different attitude towards education there, and expectations are higher for students, parents, and teachers alike. NM has a long way to go, and so does LLHS, but both are making slow but steady progress in raising the bar for education. As a former teacher, I can say confidently that leadership is paramount in the success or failure of a school.

Posted April 12, 2014
To the parent from Minnesota you should go back if your child isn't getting that good of education then the problem starts at home. The basic fundamentals to an education starts at home. I was born and raised in Ohio and lived here for 20 yrs and have seen a lot of awesome students accomplish many great things in Los lunas. I can't stand it when someone moves to a new place and start crying about everything . Solution move back to where you came from and stop crying

Posted June 25, 2013
I attended Los lunas hight. I would like to call attention to the fact, the students who are defending their school, have terrible grammar and writing skills.

Posted April 30, 2013
I am ashamed to have let my child go to such a terrible school. Growing up in Minnesota, the communities cared about the school and so did the teachers. Now, the school district as a whole as fell to shame. A warning to all, please choose a better school for your children. Los Lunas Schools, you've disappointed me

Posted June 03, 2012
I'm applying to pull my child out of this school. I'm willing to move if that's what it takes. The teachers do NOT care.

Los Lunas High School 2

Posted July 02, 2011
Would I send my children to the LLHS that existed during the 2004-2005 academic year? Yes, I would do so (and did) gladly. However, after seven years of budget cuts, the forcing of a number of good teachers into early retirement, the wholesale dismantling of the gifted and talented program, the elimination of honors courses in favor of AP (whether or not the intelligent child is emotionally or developmentally ready for AP level pressure), plummeting faculty, staff, and student morale, an increasingly punitive and desperate administrative culture that seems unable to rectify the systemic, fundamental problems affecting LLHS, the school that I sent my children to no longer exists and hasn't for a number of years. I pulled my remaining child out during the 2010-2011 academic year and have consistently heard from those left behind that we got out at the right time. My child is happier, is still learning (but enjoying it more) and still scoring well on those all-important standardized tests at her new, much smaller school which, while it may still have its problems, has an atmosphere more conducive to learning.

Posted September 17, 2009

Los Lunas High School 0

Posted March 14, 2009
I believe that LLHS needs to improve a lot, and that they need to either expand the school or build another highschool along with the two already in Los Lunas because they are about four thousand students over capasity.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted September 15, 2008
I graduated in 2005. I graduated in the top 20% of my class. I did not put forth as much effort as I could have which is why I did not graduate in a higher percentile. I did not even appreciate the education that I was receiving. But just being in a working environment now, I can tell that I received a lot more than other students from around the state.

Los Lunas High School
1776 Emilio Lopez Rd, Los Lunas, NM  87031
Last modified Los Lunas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Lunas High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top