Portales, NM

Portales High School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
Most of the teachers are excellent, the principal is a good leader and is fair to the kids, the privilages that come with going to the school are fantastic, and switching to this school from Elida schools was the best decision I have ever made.

Posted August 11, 2011
I also went to this school, as well I have graduated one child from PHS and have another in her Junior year. The entire Portales Public School System is overrun with favioratetism, preferencial treatment, and graft. The System is all about the System. We have not in 20 years had a sizable increese in class size yet we now have 2 principals at every school who rake in around $90k as well as 2 secetarys who WILL NOT take messages, deliver items to classrooms or anything else besides sit behind the desk and violate childrens HEPA rights. If you have a child that needs any help at all getting thru school this is not the district for you. I had a daughter who graduated at 16 with a 3.75, she did'nt need any help. We spend our IDEA money on 90k football buses around here, thats the Portales way. I picked the one star because there was'nt a negitive star choice. If you have special needs children do NOT come here, if you live here and your child is in need of special services call the state Public Education Department they have a Special Education department and they help.

Portales High School 0

Posted January 20, 2010
I went to school here and have my son graduating next year. In my personal experience and with my son, this is a great school no matter what your child is interested in he/she will fit in this school offeres great academics opportunities as well as sports. Your child just has to want to do it....

Posted October 17, 2009
My students were not even close to being prepared for college. PHS needs to concentrate more on academics and less on their dying football program

Portales High School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
I absolutley loved this school. I loved my friends, the teachers were awsome, and there was always someone there to help. For those who didnt think that Portaled High was a great school, apparently your kid or yourself wwasnt that popular!

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009
This is a very good school. The faculty in all departments are great, and all academic programs are top notch. As a bonus, this school allows dual enrollment with several local colleges for students who excel in certain areas. Several students graduate PHS as college Sophomores, due to this awesome programs. Athletics are also top notch, with some of the best teams in all sports. This school also boasts a top-notch band and choir, with regular all-state placing; the speech and debate team at PHS also excels, with several national qualifying members. Overall, this school is one of the best you could send your children to.

Portales High School 2

Posted November 03, 2008

Portales High School
201 South Knoxville Ave, Portales, NM  88130
Last modified Portales High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portales High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top