Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted February 15, 2016
There is not enough supervision when school is let out in the afternoon. There are fights and bullying incidents that are not addressed.

Eagle Ridge Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 13, 2016
They cant control the students behavior and the students know the teachers cant do anything to them.

Posted January 13, 2016
The children do not have any discipline, the teachers do not have control and several teachers have cursed in class. Children in 6-8 grade should also not be kissing/making out in front of the school either.

Posted March 27, 2014
I really don't care for ERMS, my daughter has been having so many problems and the principle keeps telling me I have kids too and I'm a parent too. My daughter has been having problems at this school and I have requested a transfer from the district and they don't seem to care either. My daughter has had a lot of kids that are giving her a hard time and saying mean things to her, she even got into a fight that could have been avoid because the staff had a heads up on the prior to it happening. I had requested for the principle several times and was always diverted to the assistant. Once I contacted the district is the only time the principle got involved. There is a lot of fights, drama, kids saying mean things about each other, bullying the list goes on......I would not recommend this school to any parent with kids going to 6-8 grades. This is my daughters first and only year to got to that school, she will not be returning, I will drive 20 miles for her not to go to this school again. Very disappointed parent!

Eagle Ridge Middle School 5

Posted March 06, 2014
Everyone, this school is great, some of you guys are over reacting, sure theres fight, but thers fight at every school in New Mexico, the teachers here are great and what should teachers do when the other kids do something that wont hurt anyone, just keep suspending them, you guys are all over reacting, overall it is a great school to go to unless your kid likes to get people mad, I went here 6th grade - 8th grade and not once was I picked on or did I fail a class. I got out with a 3.5 average and I was friends with pretty much every body.

Posted February 04, 2014
My son has gone to this school since last year, and I was told by a co-worker that her grandson went there a couple years ago and there were constant fights breaking out and there were parents that were trying to get the principal out of there. When my son started going there, I could see why. My son was harrassed my classmates in PE class and he accidently touched another student alittle too hard. The PE teacher saw it was an accident but this student went to another teacher & this teacher made sure my son got in trouble. This teacher DIDN'T see what happened but decided to get involved. There is a reason why teachers tell students to talk to the teacher of the class it happened in. This principal allows harrassment & bullying and should be terminated. It just shows how the worst staff members are getting this jobs who don't deserve it. Then they all wonder why they don't get a lot more money. This principal needs to go.

Posted September 05, 2013
Eagle Ridge middle school. My child was bullied in class, kicked, backpack zippers were ripped off while in class. The principal stated that the teacher never leaves the class but this was allowed to transpire. They did an investigation but were never able to find the culprits say the least of punishing them. All that was done for my child was moved to a different group but at least 1 culprit is still there. The only other school closer to us has a 30-person wait list to transfer. Before our child went there we were warned that 1 of our child's Elementary Teachers warned us about Eagle Ridge but that was a mistake on our part for not having them go to that other school.

Posted August 05, 2013
My daughter went to Eagle Ridge for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. The teachers ranged from good to excellent. The orchestra program is top -notch, among the best in the state. The volleyball program is also good. She made great friends here, serious students with high goals. However, the reason I am only giving it two stars is because of the discipline problems. My daughter and her friends said that it was frequently hard to pay attention in class because of all the talking and misbehavior. Occasionally, the entire grade would be punished during lunch because of the actions of a few. There were also several fights. The kids felt like the administration was constantly harassing them about minor dress code violations (like a logo being too big), while turning a blind eye to larger issues, such as the fights and other criminal activity. As a result, we decided to enroll our 6th grader in a charter school instead of sending him to ERMS. I hope ERMS gets the discipline issues sorted out, because there are a lot of great kids and great teachers there who deserve a better environment.

Posted September 02, 2012
This is okay school. But everyone was transferring their kids to mountain view because we heard that eagle ridge didn't really care about their students and disciplined their kids horribly. And their was way too many fights and the fighters only got lunch detention while some kids got in school suspension (ISS) for talking in class or being out of dress code. This school is just whack. Also my sons English quit while he was in class in the first quarter of the school year.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 4

Posted June 21, 2012
I loved working at Eagle Ridge! The administrative staff, teachers, and support staff were all very helpful and supportive during my time there! I taught both Inclusion and Self-Contained classes and loved every minute!

Eagle Ridge Middle School
800 Fruta Rd, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Eagle Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.