Rio Rancho, NM

Posted March 27, 2014
I really don't care for ERMS, my daughter has been having so many problems and the principle keeps telling me I have kids too and I'm a parent too. My daughter has been having problems at this school and I have requested a transfer from the district and they don't seem to care either. My daughter has had a lot of kids that are giving her a hard time and saying mean things to her, she even got into a fight that could have been avoid because the staff had a heads up on the prior to it happening. I had requested for the principle several times and was always diverted to the assistant. Once I contacted the district is the only time the principle got involved. There is a lot of fights, drama, kids saying mean things about each other, bullying the list goes on......I would not recommend this school to any parent with kids going to 6-8 grades. This is my daughters first and only year to got to that school, she will not be returning, I will drive 20 miles for her not to go to this school again. Very disappointed parent!

Eagle Ridge Middle School 5

Posted March 06, 2014
Everyone, this school is great, some of you guys are over reacting, sure theres fight, but thers fight at every school in New Mexico, the teachers here are great and what should teachers do when the other kids do something that wont hurt anyone, just keep suspending them, you guys are all over reacting, overall it is a great school to go to unless your kid likes to get people mad, I went here 6th grade - 8th grade and not once was I picked on or did I fail a class. I got out with a 3.5 average and I was friends with pretty much every body.

Posted February 04, 2014
My son has gone to this school since last year, and I was told by a co-worker that her grandson went there a couple years ago and there were constant fights breaking out and there were parents that were trying to get the principal out of there. When my son started going there, I could see why. My son was harrassed my classmates in PE class and he accidently touched another student alittle too hard. The PE teacher saw it was an accident but this student went to another teacher & this teacher made sure my son got in trouble. This teacher DIDN'T see what happened but decided to get involved. There is a reason why teachers tell students to talk to the teacher of the class it happened in. This principal allows harrassment & bullying and should be terminated. It just shows how the worst staff members are getting this jobs who don't deserve it. Then they all wonder why they don't get a lot more money. This principal needs to go.

Posted September 05, 2013
Eagle Ridge middle school. My child was bullied in class, kicked, backpack zippers were ripped off while in class. The principal stated that the teacher never leaves the class but this was allowed to transpire. They did an investigation but were never able to find the culprits say the least of punishing them. All that was done for my child was moved to a different group but at least 1 culprit is still there. The only other school closer to us has a 30-person wait list to transfer. Before our child went there we were warned that 1 of our child's Elementary Teachers warned us about Eagle Ridge but that was a mistake on our part for not having them go to that other school.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 2

Posted August 05, 2013
My daughter went to Eagle Ridge for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. The teachers ranged from good to excellent. The orchestra program is top -notch, among the best in the state. The volleyball program is also good. She made great friends here, serious students with high goals. However, the reason I am only giving it two stars is because of the discipline problems. My daughter and her friends said that it was frequently hard to pay attention in class because of all the talking and misbehavior. Occasionally, the entire grade would be punished during lunch because of the actions of a few. There were also several fights. The kids felt like the administration was constantly harassing them about minor dress code violations (like a logo being too big), while turning a blind eye to larger issues, such as the fights and other criminal activity. As a result, we decided to enroll our 6th grader in a charter school instead of sending him to ERMS. I hope ERMS gets the discipline issues sorted out, because there are a lot of great kids and great teachers there who deserve a better environment.

Posted September 02, 2012
This is okay school. But everyone was transferring their kids to mountain view because we heard that eagle ridge didn't really care about their students and disciplined their kids horribly. And their was way too many fights and the fighters only got lunch detention while some kids got in school suspension (ISS) for talking in class or being out of dress code. This school is just whack. Also my sons English quit while he was in class in the first quarter of the school year.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 4

Posted February 10, 2011
This is a good school. Teachers are welcoming and do their best to help each child. However the 6th grade teachers can only do so much with so many new students. They do not have a accelerated program for the 6th graders which made this school year VERY boring for my daughter. We are told that there is an accelerated program for the 7th and 8th graders. We can only hope, otherwise we may have to look into charter schools.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 5

Posted December 16, 2010
We love ERMS!! My daughter became very ill during the middle of the school year, and the entire staff and leadership team rallied behind her to help her out. They are very fair, and the teams are nicely balanced between high expectations and kindness toward the children.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 4

Posted March 10, 2009
My daughter attended Eagle Ridge and I volunteered on the Parent Advisory Council. I was so impressed by the concern of the administration as they continually tried to better the school and serve the students. The calibre of the teachers was phenomenal. The one instance where we did have problems with a teacher, once parents contacted the principal, the situation was quickly dealt with. I would have no qualms recommending this school this other parents.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 3

Posted January 16, 2009

Eagle Ridge Middle School
800 Fruta Rd, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Eagle Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top