Rio Rancho, NM

Posted September 10, 2013
We relocated to Rio Rancho, NM during the recession in 2011 in the hopes of finding an easier way to provide for my daughter. I have no help in raising her, due to once having a small family who have now passed on, so I need to rely on a public school system for a good education. We've been here for 2 years now and I have to say Vista Grande Elementary is a dream come true. They care so much about their students, are hugely anti-bullying, reward kindness & respect daily and follow a great curriculum. My daughter is learning so much that she even won the second grade spelling bee last year! Also, so I can go to work, my daughter is enrolled in the before & after school program called S.A.F.E. Thankfully, she loves being there and it is affordable for me. I did a lot of research before relocating and it has really paid off because my daughter's future depends on her education.I'm very impressed with the one she is getting. Knowing that my little girl is happy & learning so much everyday makes me happy, my worries less and my life so much easier. I am so thankful to all the teachers and faculty at Vista Grande Elementary for all of their hard work and caring.

Posted July 27, 2011
We were transferred out here 4 years ago and we chose this area based on the good reviews on this website. My sons started here in 2nd and 4th grade and are now in Mountain View Middle School. I love Vista Grande for it's office staff, teachers and their great leadership. My daughter will be starting there in 2nd grade this year. This is a wonderful school and just what an elementary school should be. They prepare the students well for upcoming grades and for life as well. I am very happy that we chose this school district and I know my children are safe and well educated here!

Posted July 26, 2011
Two of my three children are attending and the thrid one will be starting shortly. The school and staff are incredible, always listening and showing concern for the students and their learning. The morale among the staff is incredible, last year they had jersey's made up for the staff so they looked like they were on the same team. The food is unbelievable! I have eaten lunch with my children several times and I do not remember eating this good while in school.

Posted May 16, 2010
Both of my children go there. When they started going to Kindergarten last year, they did not speak a word of english. Now, almost 9 months later, they are both fluent and can almost read at a first grader's level. The teachers are attentive and qualified. Moving near this school was the best decision I've ever made.

Posted April 12, 2010
Fantastic school-i son has gone here for 3 years-Teachers are excellent- Principal really relates to the kids and their needs-Our son is in the gifted program-they have treated him very well and have met all his needs-we pulled our son out of private school to put him in Vista Grande-it was one of the best decisions we every made

Vista Grande Elementary School 0

Posted August 19, 2009
I m very happy with that school result my daugther starting kindergarden an I know shes going to do well because she has mrs. talik . my oldest dsugther had mrs. talik and Im very happy with her teaching skills.

Vista Grande Elementary School 3

Posted April 13, 2009

Posted December 04, 2008

Vista Grande Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
Something is going on at VGE, The morale amongst staff is terrible. My daughter's kindergarten has lost two teachers in a one month period. Ms. Gilbert and Ms. Paulson were awesome and they both left with no notice, nothing.

Vista Grande Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2008
My son is a brand-new student here. He has a very hard time with transitions and consequently had a rough first day. He was so nervous/shy that he had a flight or fight response and I had to be called to pick him up. The principle and vice-principle spent most of their morning looking after my son and then spent some more time talking with me about what we could do differently. The vice-principle met us in his classroom before school started the next day to get him adjusted to the new environment. She had formed a new but good relationship with him the day before. The end of the story is that he has settled right in and is excited about his new school. I felt that the principle, vice-principle and his teacher took time to really listen to me and support my son during this transition.

Vista Grande Elementary School
7001 Chayote Rd NE, Rio Rancho, NM  87144
Last modified Vista Grande Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Grande Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top