Rio Rancho, NM
Students enrolled: 1,200

Rio Rancho Middle School 2

Posted July 25, 2012
**Posted July 19, 2005 Report it I think they are very prejudice in this school. School is over crowded. Teachers do not pay attention to students concerns. They need to treat these kids like teenagers not adults. Submitted by a parent*** Things have not changed in the 11-12 school and new principal. BUT PARENTS NEED TO GET INVOLVED NOT JUST POINT FINGERS.

Rio Rancho Middle School 1

Posted December 11, 2011
continued: in the students of 2008 minds the general population thought it was cool to bandi about phrases such as gangster. they tried to be what they weren't, and the children that actualy were in a gang never bragged about it. about half of the students did drugs. as soon as i left that school every day i was there, i started planning ways to kill myself. when i left the school and came to los alamos, i found what "state of the art technology" was. the shool had nothing and the computers were far outdated. the teachers, in my time there, were kind and aproachable, but they did nothing to actual rule breakers. i once saw a few students come out of the bathroom smelling of marajuana and the teacher just walked on by, but nearly every day students were taken to ISS for dress code violations. yes; i was an outcast, i knew more about pain and loss than several in that place and i wasn't cool, and i saw what a combonation of pain, drugs, and insanity can do to friends. RRMH was hell, and though i never "iced" myself i came close; not because of rrps, one teacher, one student or one time i saught respect and didnt get it, but because i was different and i was never given a real chance.

Rio Rancho Middle School 5

Posted December 19, 2008
I just love Rio Rancho Mid high. We moved to Rio Rancho from Las Vegas, NV. I have found thru the 6 years living here that teachers really do care about the success of our children's education. The teachers communicate with me on a weekly basis and really help my son do his best and be successful. I think this school is awesome.

Posted November 26, 2008
Continuation: School Busses can be overcrowded with 3 students to a seat. I ve also been impressed w/ the overall access to technology the school has available, including, daily quizzes that are done via remote controls in Math classes to being able to load money to my child s account on-line using mymealtime.com. Lastly I would like to add that the curriculum has been as challenging as that of the parochial school he was attending and due to the caring interaction of the teachers he is actually getting better grades and as a result and his self-esteem has skyrocketed.

Rio Rancho Middle School 4

Posted June 21, 2008
As a parent who moved to New Mexico from Minnesota two years ago, my biggest concern was finding the best school for my daughter. After one year at Mountain View and one year at the Mid-High, I'm very satisfied with the Rio Rancho schools. Yes, there are teenagers who act out, (no big surprise), but I'm impressed with the security at the mid-high, the quality of the teachers, and the systems in place to keep communication with parents. Yes, the parents have to take the initiative to get the information, but that's the way it is. Yes, the school is too large, but the opening of the new high school in 2010 will mean smaller schools throughout the system, which will be great.

Posted May 04, 2008
I disagree with alot of the reviews from parents. With one of them it said, 'people get into fights all the time and the security guards do nothing' which is partially true but the security guards do do something about it. 1. They break up the fight so nobody gets hurt. 2. They even escort the kids to there classes to get their stuff before they go to the office. 3. Most of them get either 3 days iss (in school suspension) or a day or two oss (out of school suspension). So its not like they think nothing of it because it happens so much. Pre-AP classes need to be more challenging. Even though i love mine, just because you make us do more papers doesnt mean your challening us. Just boring us, therefore we dont do it. Im totally looking forward to the new schedule next year though.

Rio Rancho Middle School 2

Posted March 22, 2008
I am a student at the Rio Rancho Mid-High. I have a dislike of this school due to loud and EXTREMELY crowded arrogant hallways and students. About 40% of students at this school do drugs. Profanity is insane and uncontrollable. Disipline at the school is casual, however the administration reduces the sentence or bends the rules in some cases. Dress code violations are daily. In spite of the terrible behavior of the students, the teachers are amazing. Most teachers are easily approachable and accomadate students with different learning styles. I would have given this school four stars, but did not due to student behavior and the environment.

Rio Rancho Middle School 4

Posted June 05, 2007
RRMHS is a great school. I served in the Army and my children have attended schools all over the country. I have to say that RRMHS rates at the top. They provide a great learning environment and offer tutoring programs for all major core classes. I don't know if they have dances or other activities like that. They do need some help in the sports department. Last year they had over 140 teens playing 8th grade football. On several occasions games were cancelled without notice.

Rio Rancho Middle School 3

Posted October 12, 2006
I am the step-father to 2 girls that have attended the mid-high. One is now in the high school but the other is in the ninth grade. My main concern is the dress code that has finally been altered. I do not believe that the way a child dresses should be a factor in the type of education that a child can get. It is not the clothes that make the child. What a child wears does not determine what type of student the child will become.

Rio Rancho Middle School 1

Posted February 23, 2006
This school is extremely overcrowded. My child has had several classes where there is not enough books for all the students and teachers just dont seem to care or have time to help students in need. Even the counselors dont have time for students. I am very dissapointed with this school. New Mexico is failing its children by not putting more money into the education system and hiring more experienced teachers. There is a big discipline problem in this school as dress codes and policies are not enforced and the children seem to run the school. It is not a place where you can feel that your children are safe, even with security guards on duty.

1600 40th St NE, Rio Rancho, NM  87144
Last modified Rio Rancho Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Rancho Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top