Posted October 25, 2014
Horrible place to work. The high number of new staff members should have been a clue. Principals provide zero leadership and are just looking to pass the buck and disengaged. If you are a special ed students there is no desire to provide any meaningful support. A moment that made me sick was during a presentation on bullying kids actually got bullied. When I mentioned it to the person leading the presentation she just threw her hands up and said oh well those two are like that. If you have a special ed child this isn't the place to enroll your child. A heartbreaking soul crushing place to work.

Posted July 18, 2014
I am an RRHS Alum from the class of 2010. The AP classes at RRPS helped me prepare for college and helped me earn enough credits to start as a sophomore. It was a great place to learn and grow

Posted February 15, 2010

Rio Rancho High School 4

Posted September 25, 2009

Rio Rancho High School 4

Posted September 25, 2009
I'm a junior, brand new to New Mexico, and RRHS is by the far the nicest high school campus I've ever seen. It's like a little college. My two AP teachers definitely challenge me, but compared to Colorado, classes like US History and math are embarrassingly easy. The dress code is enforced occassionally. But the principal is extremely involved, parents always know what's going on, and I'm really glad I got the chance to be a Ram.

Rio Rancho High School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
My 9th grader loves it. He likes his teachers, the challenge, the campus and I really like how all the teachers and counselors have been so accessible and willing to work with me (as a parent).

Posted June 23, 2009
My son just graduated from RRHS and I also had an exchange student attend RRHS. It is a great school and much better the ABQ. My daughter attended ABQ and her school work was a piece of cake. When we moved to RR my son learned very quick that he had to actually put forth effort in RR to get decent grades. As far as the dress code it is a piece of cake as well. There were times where I thought my exchange student should have been sent home for the way she dressed however; she never was sent home. I specifically had our home built in RR so my son could attend RRHS. I do not regret it for a moment.

Posted June 09, 2009
This school only cares about dress code and issues are not addressed. I hate this district from the superintendant down and these schools with the midhigh being the worst.

Posted April 21, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009
great school. Your Child's experence here will well perpair them for colledge

Rio Rancho High School
500 Laser Rd NE, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Rio Rancho High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Rancho High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top