Rio Rancho, NM

St Thomas Aquinas School 2

Posted March 06, 2015
Worst school ever. Academically poor and whatever other school can do the same things they do here. "Old School" kind of teaching and so boring I see the children praying almost the entire day and they look like robots instead of persons. Teachers do not allow kids to be themselves, instead they have to do whatever teachers say so without self opinion, which I found is the worst way to teach a kid. I had two children here few years ago and very thankful to moved them to another school. Thanks

Posted January 29, 2015
I have had two children graduate from STA, and one currently enrolled, All three began in kindergarten there. STA is more than just a Catholic school. It's a community, and an environment. Sr. Anne knows every child by name, along with their parents. All of the administration truly care about each and every one of the students. It is a very loving and nurturing school with high academic standards with test scores to prove it. The office staff are friendly and always helpful and accommodating. The love and faith that is instilled in our children is priceless! Our entire family has become closer and more involved in our faith and community because of STA. The foundation of their Catholic faith that the children learn at STA will carry them long after they leave the school. I'm grateful for everything that the school has done and provided for my family.
5 people found this helpful

St Thomas Aquinas School 4

Posted January 22, 2015
This school is excellent and has great teachers and administration. It is academically challenging, very high discipline and very strong at living the catholic doctrine - which is not for everyone. I love most aspects of it... however- unfortunately the bullying comments are true. The administration throws in a part time guidance counsellor that will call you, listen, and make promises, but will not deliver on her word. The school will rather talk about cyber bullying and make excuses for the bullies than confront the situation. So dont send them here if they are prone to bullying - or you are not ready to deal with it yourself with the other parent.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 13, 2014
If you're looking for a great Catholic school with high academic standards and the best theology teacher in New Mexico, this is the school for you. VERY PLEASED.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 06, 2014
Great school! The academics at STA are top notch with no slacking aloud! St. Thomas is a school that will push your child academically to do their very best; your best is expected. All of the teachers and staff want the best for each student and work their hardest to help each child improve. I am currently a mid-schooler at STA and my math teacher told the class that when some of our eighth graders went to go and "shadow" students at high schools. Some of the students took at math test that the high school students had to take that day, and our eighth graders got a 100% on the math test! That proves that our academics are rigorous enough to prepare each student for high school and the future. With all of that said, I recommend that you and your student join the STAS family.

St Thomas Aquinas School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
St Thomas Aquinas is a great school academically for my kindergartner, and has instilled a genuine love of God in him. The only drawbacks are that there is WAY too much homework for a kindergartner. I know some parents that I've spoken with think that this sets the stage for academic success but I think it sets the stage for burnout! My son spends between 45 and 1 hour on homework per night and I hear it gets more intense as he will go into first grade. Plus, they are given two bathroom breaks before luncb, which is challenging for a 5 year old after lunchtime. More flexibility and freedom when it comes to art would be nice as well. But overall really good school led by teachers who really seem to care. They also seem to be on the lookout for hitting, being rude to other children, etc which is great!

Posted March 06, 2014
St. Thomas Aquinas School is a positive place to learn and grow. We have two children who both attended STA and loved it. The teachers are positive and are there for you and your child. There is great opportunity to be part of your childs day volunteering during their art, computer or library time. Throughout the school year there is opportunity to volunteer in your child's class also. Sr. Anne is a great presence at STA. She is always there to listen to how your child is doing and of any concerns. Sr. Anne along with the staff is in the best interst of your child. We dropped off our children in the morning happy to go to school and picked them up excited about the day they had and what they had learned. Your child will grow in his love of God and school at STA. If you are looking for quality catholic education STA is the place to be.

Posted February 27, 2014
Not much to add that hasn't been said already. If you are looking for a school that has strong academics, that makes you and your child feel welcome and cared about, and is just an overall safe place- then this is the school to go to! There is no comparison to public schools- this school teaches and at a very high standard. This school has expectations of the students which is lacking in every public school in Rio Rancho and Albuquerque. There are not as many after school activities or sports as I would like but what my child gets in education and becoming a well rounded, caring, loving, responsible person is way worth it.

Posted December 23, 2012
St. Thomas Aquinas School is the best school in the whole world! I can't believe that there is people who apparently don't think that. Also, for those of you that think that are math program is behind, you are very wrong. The math class in the middle school is great! Our math teacher is amazing. One time he told us that in public school they never stop. If you don't understand, well they don't care because they will just go on to the next thing. Our math teacher, however, will take the time to explain everything, and if even just one person doesn't understand it, he will take the time to explain it again. Also our principal is not a bad one or a dictator. She cares for us a lot. She treats us like her own children. She makes you follow the rules and if you don't, she will discipline you. If you don't like that then I guess that public school is the place for you...the place where yo can mess around and not be prepared for the real world.

Posted September 13, 2012
I love this school i just switched schools from a public school to this one and it has been great! The teachers are entergentic and fun!! I have been getting a better education i struggled with doing my homework at the being of the year but they have lightend the load so thats nice. You will love this school everyone is super friendly.

St Thomas Aquinas School
1100 Hood Road Southeast, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified St Thomas Aquinas School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Thomas Aquinas School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top