Rio Rancho, NM

Posted May 13, 2014
If you're looking for a great Catholic school with high academic standards and the best theology teacher in New Mexico, this is the school for you. VERY PLEASED.

Posted May 06, 2014
Great school! The academics at STA are top notch with no slacking aloud! St. Thomas is a school that will push your child academically to do their very best; your best is expected. All of the teachers and staff want the best for each student and work their hardest to help each child improve. I am currently a mid-schooler at STA and my math teacher told the class that when some of our eighth graders went to go and "shadow" students at high schools. Some of the students took at math test that the high school students had to take that day, and our eighth graders got a 100% on the math test! That proves that our academics are rigorous enough to prepare each student for high school and the future. With all of that said, I recommend that you and your student join the STAS family.

St Thomas Aquinas School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
St Thomas Aquinas is a great school academically for my kindergartner, and has instilled a genuine love of God in him. The only drawbacks are that there is WAY too much homework for a kindergartner. I know some parents that I've spoken with think that this sets the stage for academic success but I think it sets the stage for burnout! My son spends between 45 and 1 hour on homework per night and I hear it gets more intense as he will go into first grade. Plus, they are given two bathroom breaks before luncb, which is challenging for a 5 year old after lunchtime. More flexibility and freedom when it comes to art would be nice as well. But overall really good school led by teachers who really seem to care. They also seem to be on the lookout for hitting, being rude to other children, etc which is great!

Posted March 06, 2014
St. Thomas Aquinas School is a positive place to learn and grow. We have two children who both attended STA and loved it. The teachers are positive and are there for you and your child. There is great opportunity to be part of your childs day volunteering during their art, computer or library time. Throughout the school year there is opportunity to volunteer in your child's class also. Sr. Anne is a great presence at STA. She is always there to listen to how your child is doing and of any concerns. Sr. Anne along with the staff is in the best interst of your child. We dropped off our children in the morning happy to go to school and picked them up excited about the day they had and what they had learned. Your child will grow in his love of God and school at STA. If you are looking for quality catholic education STA is the place to be.

Posted February 27, 2014
Not much to add that hasn't been said already. If you are looking for a school that has strong academics, that makes you and your child feel welcome and cared about, and is just an overall safe place- then this is the school to go to! There is no comparison to public schools- this school teaches and at a very high standard. This school has expectations of the students which is lacking in every public school in Rio Rancho and Albuquerque. There are not as many after school activities or sports as I would like but what my child gets in education and becoming a well rounded, caring, loving, responsible person is way worth it.

Posted December 23, 2012
St. Thomas Aquinas School is the best school in the whole world! I can't believe that there is people who apparently don't think that. Also, for those of you that think that are math program is behind, you are very wrong. The math class in the middle school is great! Our math teacher is amazing. One time he told us that in public school they never stop. If you don't understand, well they don't care because they will just go on to the next thing. Our math teacher, however, will take the time to explain everything, and if even just one person doesn't understand it, he will take the time to explain it again. Also our principal is not a bad one or a dictator. She cares for us a lot. She treats us like her own children. She makes you follow the rules and if you don't, she will discipline you. If you don't like that then I guess that public school is the place for you...the place where yo can mess around and not be prepared for the real world.

Posted September 13, 2012
I love this school i just switched schools from a public school to this one and it has been great! The teachers are entergentic and fun!! I have been getting a better education i struggled with doing my homework at the being of the year but they have lightend the load so thats nice. You will love this school everyone is super friendly.

Posted May 17, 2011
This school has received many awards for excellence in academics and students have received high awards in science projects as well.

St Thomas Aquinas School 1

Posted April 10, 2011
The administration and a whole lot of the students will make you question whether or not this is a school founded on Christian principles. I had to remove my daughter because she was being bullied mercilesly by a group of "mean girls". The principal just seemed unable or unwilling to do anything to stop it. It's sad because it's the only Catholic school in RR. We ended up driving miles away from home to attend another Catholic school where she is much happier.

St Thomas Aquinas School 3

Posted March 03, 2011
Although the academics at this school are good. The unsaid don't ask don't say policy is a great enviroment for bullies. as a result of this we withdrew our daughter toward the end of 8th grade year. Not what you would expect from a Catholic school. Very disappointed..

St Thomas Aquinas School
1100 Hood Road Southeast, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified St Thomas Aquinas School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Thomas Aquinas School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top