Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I never had the problems that others are mentioning at this school. The administration has always been supportive of my son, who has ADHD, and quick to address my concerns. He always had as much individualized attention as possible (which is difficult with overloaded classes). Almost all the teachers are amazing as well. Ms. Roman and Mr. Presser are fabulous and were so great with my son. As for common core, this is an ugly beast you will encounter at any school. Yes they do it for funding, but the school can't operate without money so there in lies the catch.

The teachers are wonderful in Kindergarten and first grade, however, the office staff including the principal needs a few lessons in communication and manners 101. Testing for Common Core standards is the main goal of the school to achieve the max funding from government subsidiaries. Individual needs of the child are forgotten.

The school itself is wonderful. My son has had good teachers the last 2 years but the principal, assistant principal and the admissions lady, Theresa, are not up to par. There was a lockdown at the school yesterday and parents weren't notified until the kids made it home. I had to find out from transportation that the busses were being held because of an incident at the school. Theresa hung up on me the first time I called the school for more information, and the second time she wouldn't tell me why my son was still at school an hour after they got out, she told me it wasn't my business to know. So while you get great teachers, the administration is atrocious and something needs to be done.

Great school in the past, but it's so overcrowded now that we're considering moving. There are over 1K kids in a school built for 700. Kids have art, computers and music only twice a month (and that's in a good month with no vacation/closure days). My child eats lunch at 9:50am because they can't fit all of the kids in the cafeteria at lunchtime, so lunches are staggered. Teachers and staff are fed up, and that attitude, while understandable, is beginning to show in interactions with kids and parents. This WAS a good school, but redistricting is long overdue, and the district still has done nothing. Now they're talking about busing kids all the way to northern Rio Rancho (an hour ride each way). We're disappointed, because this was a great school in the past.

An outstanding school. Our two girls thrived at this school. Wonderful teachers and a very well organised school. The principal is loved by all the children and is very approachable to parents. We were very sad to take our girls away from this school.

Have had 3 kids in this school since the day they opened and we love it. Can't imagine having my kids go to any other school. Wonderful teachers, wonderful learning environment, involved PTA, and the best principal I have ever seen. All the children love her so much that she can't walk down the hallway without getting stopped for one hug after another.

Last modified Maggie Cordova Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.