Rio Rancho, NM
Students enrolled: 1,029

Maggie Cordova Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2014
The school itself is wonderful. My son has had good teachers the last 2 years but the principal, assistant principal and the admissions lady, Theresa, are not up to par. There was a lockdown at the school yesterday and parents weren't notified until the kids made it home. I had to find out from transportation that the busses were being held because of an incident at the school. Theresa hung up on me the first time I called the school for more information, and the second time she wouldn't tell me why my son was still at school an hour after they got out, she told me it wasn't my business to know. So while you get great teachers, the administration is atrocious and something needs to be done.

Maggie Cordova Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2013
Great school in the past, but it's so overcrowded now that we're considering moving. There are over 1K kids in a school built for 700. Kids have art, computers and music only twice a month (and that's in a good month with no vacation/closure days). My child eats lunch at 9:50am because they can't fit all of the kids in the cafeteria at lunchtime, so lunches are staggered. Teachers and staff are fed up, and that attitude, while understandable, is beginning to show in interactions with kids and parents. This WAS a good school, but redistricting is long overdue, and the district still has done nothing. Now they're talking about busing kids all the way to northern Rio Rancho (an hour ride each way). We're disappointed, because this was a great school in the past.

Maggie Cordova Elementary School 5

Posted July 10, 2011
An outstanding school. Our two girls thrived at this school. Wonderful teachers and a very well organised school. The principal is loved by all the children and is very approachable to parents. We were very sad to take our girls away from this school.

Maggie Cordova Elementary School 5

Posted June 28, 2011
Have had 3 kids in this school since the day they opened and we love it. Can't imagine having my kids go to any other school. Wonderful teachers, wonderful learning environment, involved PTA, and the best principal I have ever seen. All the children love her so much that she can't walk down the hallway without getting stopped for one hug after another.

Maggie Cordova Elementary School
1500 Veranda Rd SE, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Maggie Cordova Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maggie Cordova Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top