Rio Rancho, NM

Posted August 21, 2014
I paid $600/mo for my 2 kids to attend the Montessori here for ages 3 and 4. After paying a deposit etc... my 3 yr old was kicked out on the first day as "too young." I had built her up about the school for over a month and pulled her from head-start program. She was devastated. My 4 yr old lasted about 4 months but was so stressed out that she wetting her pants and instead of dealing with it, they sent her to the nurse as if she was sick and threatened to kick her out. Her reactions were natural for a new school at her age and ultimately they suspended her for having accidents. Which promptly stopped as soon as we left the school. If you don't want to deal with accidents, then don't teach 3 and 4 yr olds. It is natural. They made it worse. Both Montessori teacher did not have kids of their own. What a nasty environment. If you want your children stressed about education and not enjoying the learning process, go here. I never got all my money back. Never so insulted for paying to be somewhere and then treated with snobbery. We have never had these problems anywhere else.

Posted September 24, 2013
This is our 4th school year at Sandia Vista. We moved away over winter break last year and have returned to an absolutely fabulous staff makeover! There is such a different atmosphere at Sandia Vista, the administration really cares about making school a place that children LOVE and LEARN. What a great change!

Sandia Vista Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2013
Last year was our first year with Sandia Vista. While the school is nice and I hear great things about other teachers, my child had a newer teacher who didn't seem to assess students well or teach students who were above average. Also, I do not believe single digit addition and subtraction should be the only work accomplished in OCTOBER of 2nd grade. Education moved too slowly to interest my child. The principal did listen to my concerns and reviewed my issues with the teacher, so that is a positive (though it is completely new admin this year). I am hopeful for this year with a different teacher as I know there are many great teachers here. We just didn't get one last year.

Posted May 07, 2013
I come from a family of educators and principals so I feel like I am extra harsh on schools and staff...with that said I have been very happy at SVE. My child has attended since 2009. I almost moved my child to another school in the district because I wanted him to attend a more established school, but after 1-2 yrs it was evident that this school was on the fast track to success. SVE is now one of the top 2 schools in Rio Rancho despite being fairly new. They have great related arts teachers and the gifted instructor is AMAZING. I volunteer quite often and I find that most of the parents that complain or have negative things to say usually have issues w/ their child anywhere they go and problems are not school specific. All children are different as are schools, and there is no one size fits all formula for success- our family recommends SVE to any parents that want to give their child a great elementary school experience, with a staff that cares and a smaller school population than other area schools.

Posted April 26, 2013
The school administrators are arrogant, disrespectful and extremely narcissistic. They lack professionalism, common sense and basic fundamental skills needed to run a facility. The teaching is also sub-par as all curriculum is solely focused on Common Core testing and not educational needs. For example, they actually put up a sign that read, Test Your Best. As if that s the only thing this school really cares about. Don t waste your time here, there are better options.

Posted March 18, 2012
We are a military family and my child has attended this school for 3 years. I have been very pleased with the teaching staff and the extra activities the school has sponsered. The teachers have responded quickly to any questions I may have had . I feel like I could just pop my head into the classroom at any time if I needed to. The community that surrounds the school is very supportive and a great place for families.

Posted January 10, 2012
My son has been a student in the Montessori program for going on three years. During this time, we we had the pleasure of becoming part of this small, close-knit school community. We are extremely pleased with the quality of the education our son has received and have been very impressed with the faculty as a whole. The Montessori program has allowed our son to learn in a small, student-directed environment while receiving the benefits of a public school education. This is a school where most of the teachers and all the administrators know your child's name - for all the right reasons :)! Highly recommend this school.

Posted January 10, 2012
I have 2 children who attend this school, and another who will attend next year, in the Montessori Program and we are EXTREMELY satisfied! The Montessori program is only 3 years old and my oldest has been in it since day one. RRPS is one of 200 school districts across the US to have a public montessori program. My 2nd grader is excelling, with very high DRA and MQA scores. And my kindergartener is doing fabulous with handwriting, reading, etc.. The principal, the teachers, the families are all great! The school is new and not overcrowded. We drive 15 to 20 minutes each way and it's worth it!

Posted September 19, 2011
Don't waste your time! My Daughter has gone to Montessori for Pre-Kindergarten and has excelled in it. I wanted to continue her in the Montessori program, so this school caught my eye. I went to the parent meetings and it sounded like they had the concept. She started this year in Kindergarten very excited. It has been a bad experience. They don't teach to the children's level, it progresses at the teachers speed, which is not challenging enough and my daughter is bored. They don't look at the ques of the children as they say they do.

Sandia Vista Elementary School 2

Posted July 04, 2011
The principal is not very communicative. I tried several times to contact her regarding a matter during the '09-'10 school year and she never called back. This was even after I left polite messages for her on her answering service (she never picks up). She can be a bit rude when questioned about anything. The other staff seems to be a bit gossipy and rude to the parents. I have witnessed this first-hand. I am not that fond of the teacher's. I have met quite a few of them.

Sandia Vista Elementary School
6800 Franklin Rd NE, Rio Rancho, NM  87144
Last modified Sandia Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandia Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top