Public charter
Rio Rancho, NM

The Ask Academy 5

Posted May 10, 2014
As A student at ASK right now, i have say this is one of the best schools i have gone to. Ask works for you if you put in the time. You must work, hard. As a student with both ADHD and aspergers, to pass chemistry, i had to put in 40+ hours a week. I worked, and because of my work, i learned. My IEP was to allow things to be emailed late and to allow extra time, which was what i need. That is the mission of ASK, self directed learning, unless i looked out for my best interest and used my IEP for what is meant for, allowing good, quality work in a reasonable time, ASK would be a very different place. Responding to the parents in the other reviews, Your student must fight for them selves, Special Education Director will help set up a excellent IEP, but the students must speak with each of the teachers about how said IEP will interact with the class. ASK is the only school where the IEP's where positive, all other schools felt like a court case with "evidence". ASK is a job like any other, it should take a good amount of time and energy, but it will prepare you for what ever happens after high school

The Ask Academy 4

Posted April 09, 2014
I am currently a student at ASK and am near the end of my sophomore year. Coming from a home school background, I find ASK to be a great place of opportunity in the academic field. We specialize in two field: Bio-medical and Engineering. Here, students are allowed to chose one of the two mentioned career pathways. Personally, being on the engineering side of the spectrum, I have found ASK to be challenging, but in a good way. One of the main things emphasized, is being professional and working in a business-like environment. Now this may sound boring, but it is quite opposite. With many project based learning experiences, we learn to collaborate, lead, and take initiative in our projects. If our reputation of being exceedingly geeky precedes us, I'd have to say that it is true generally. I'd also like to point out that ASK is not just for the geeky or really smart. It is for the average person that is willing to learn and willing to work. One of the nice parts here at ASK is the opportunity for attention and tutoring from teachers that want to teach and that are not just racking in a paycheck. For more info, visit our website to learn more about us. http://theaskacademy.org/

The Ask Academy 2

Posted April 02, 2014
I have to agree with the other two posters. This school does not treat kids with ADHD very kindly.

The Ask Academy 1

Posted March 20, 2014
I agree with the above statement my daughter also has ADHD and was treated better at Cleveland.

The Ask Academy 1

Posted March 20, 2014
Never in my life have I been treated so rudely by teachers. I am a mother of 3 who has raised 2 kids through highschool (both RRHS). My son who is ADD required a a more focused approached which we thought ask could provide. We were wrong. They are understaffed and underfunded. At first it seems stellar with their uniforms and cheap laptops but once you enroll it goes down hill. RRHS isn't perfect but it's bounds better than this horrible learning environment.

The Ask Academy
4311 Sara Rd, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified The Ask Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Ask Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top