Rio Rancho, NM

Rio Rancho Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school for the past four years, and while no school is perfect, it has been a good experience for us. What I have experienced is that the teachers are mostly very caring, and if there are any missteps, the principal and vice principal are very quick to address any concerns. In my opinion, a successful school happens when parents are involved with what their kids are doing, and are involved in their child's school. What I have noticed is the vast majority of parents are waiting for someone else to start that after school club, someone else's dad to be a watch dog (playground presence to curtail bullying), or someone else's mom to help the PTA. If you really want an awesome school, you are part of making that happen. You can "chase" the best schools in any school district, but those best schools were created by parents who took the time (even small chunks) to make their school great.

Posted March 25, 2014
This is an awful school, a lot of communication break downs, inconsistencies, double standards, and zero accountability. The bullying is horrendous, the children are not very safe safety guidelines are not enforced there are children on campus as early as 8:00 AM with no supervision and while this also is an issue with the parents, nothing is said or done about it. You can never get a strait answer for anything it seems the teachers don't look happy to be there it's overall a piss poor environment and an awful place to send your child. I switched my kids as fast as possible with no looking back. Spare yourself the headache and choose another school.

Rio Rancho Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2014
I have had three kids attend this school and my last one will not go here. The bullying at this school is ridiculous, although with the new principal and assistant principal it does seem a bit better. The old principal did not give a hoot about the bullying problems within her school. The majority of the teachers that were amazing at this school have left and been replaced with teachers that could care less about actually teaching their students but rather how high their test scores can be. If your child has a learning disability and cannot test very well forget it. There is limited help and they will just keep pushing your kid along until you intervene. Unfortunately most parents do not intervene which doesn't help with the bigger problem. If you do not put in a 100% effort at home helping your child along the way they will get lost in the shuffle at this school. The after school activities stink and there is only two to choose from while the other elementary schools in Rio Rancho have lots to choose from. This school needs some serious help. It used to be halfway decent with small classes and great staff but has since been replaced with the bottom of the barrel.

Posted January 06, 2014
Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!!!! They started to alow my daughter to fall through the cracks and not help when she began I all back on certain subjects. Her teacher was very unhelpful and condescending. No help from other educators. Had to switch schools.

Posted September 10, 2013
Our experience here is just dreadful. Teachers seem uninterested and oblivious to the problems. Bullying is out of hand here. Children are very poorly supervised and that in turn contributes to the bullying problem. There is a lack of true care and concern for children from teachers and staff. It is much more babysitting than any academics. My child is not learning anything at all.

Posted August 24, 2013
I do not recommend this school. Bullying is a problem and is not addressed even when you complain about it. Some teachers are completely blind to what is happening in their own classrooms and in fact discourage kids from reporting bullying. We moved cross country for work and chose Rio Rancho for the "best" schools in the area. We were severely disappointed. We moved our son to private school this year and he is so much happier and in one week has learned more than he did in months at this school. Do not send your kids here!

Posted April 19, 2013
This school is just terrible! There is NO leadership, no communication from the teachers or administration to the parents. The PTA is not active at all, the functions are very poorly run and in turn poorly attended. Very few afterschool activities or clubs. I know of some clubs that tried to get in to offer different activities and they were turned away- but are welcomed at the other Rio Rancho schools with open arms. They are VERY unwelcoming to volunteers. The teachers we have encountered have very low standards and seem to really dislike children or be completely burnt out or made miserable by the principal. A miserable experience!!

Rio Rancho Elementary School 2

Posted January 07, 2013
I was very disappointed in this school We moved here from a long distance away. We are very concerned with the education our our children, two of which are special needs. We were told Rio Rancho had the BEST schools in the area. So working in Santa Fe and living here seemed worth it. We were certainly disappointed in THIS school. We were made to feel unwelcome by the principal, specifically. Made to feel like criminals in our beliefs. Fortunately all of our children are beyond the grade school level and the middle school and high schools have been much nicer to work with. I believe that this elementary school could be much better with different leadership. The majority of teachers that I have dealt with were caring and polite.

Posted May 03, 2012
The principal is very rude and out of touch with the students and staff at this school. Her ethics are very questionable. The only good thing is the teachers. Hope the district makes the change at the principle level.

Rio Rancho Elementary School 5

Posted October 18, 2011
THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING SCHOOL!! THE TEACHERS ARE AMAZING, THE LEADERSHIP IS TOP NOTCH. WE HAVE A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD AND HE HAS JUST MADE HUGE ADVANCEMENTS SINCE ATTENDING RIO RANCHO ELEMENTARY. THE STAFF IS ENGAGED, NURTURING AND HAVE THE SKILL SET NEEDED EFFECTIVELY TEACH THE STUDENTS. HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN NEW MEXICO!!

Rio Rancho Elementary School
4601 Pepe Ortiz SE, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Rio Rancho Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Rancho Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top