Rio Rancho, NM

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2014
This school seems to be very disorganized. Has been the worst experience I could of dreamed of out of a school for my child. If you have the ability to send your child to a different school, do it! School is extremely behind academically.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School 2

Posted September 03, 2014
In the not quite a month that my child has been in 1st grade here I am extremely concerned in the lack of challenge of material they are teaching the students. My child first of all gets no homework which doesn't bother me so much as to what he tells me he is learning whereas even though I see his teacher everyday she still doesn't bother to tell me exactly what they are learning. According to my child what he is "learning" is what he knew prior to even starting kindergarten. It's a good thing I work with my child every day after school and on weekends for a couple of hours, I feel sorry for the parents of the children and the children themselves whose parents aren't able to do so because this school is definitely setting them up for failure. If we weren't going to move out of state shortly I would 100% be changing my child's school. The only reason I'm giving 2 stars is because I'm hoping things will pick up very soon...fingers crossed x. While most of the people I have encountered that work here are very nice, nice just doesn't give me hope that they are teaching my child new things.

Posted April 28, 2014
My son kindergarten teacher was excellent in giving my son confidence, because my son suffers from ADHD.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2012
My experience at this school was not pleasant. Leadership at this school lacks integrity and professionalism. When I had a concern with my daughters teacher, the principal and teacher did not follow procedures detailed in the student handbook for a classroom change. I felt bullied.

Posted April 21, 2010
The care and concern for their students. I have 3 nieces and 2 are currently attending. The third one is feeling a little left out since she is not going yet.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
I love the open communication they have between parents as well as the teachers. I love the programs they offer, i love the teachers we have. love the spirit we share, the positive attitude Everyone Welcome to Puesta Del Sol, where you feel important and just like home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 10, 2006
Puesta del Sol is one of the greatest schools we have been a part of. With five children and having lived all over the state of NM, Rio Rancho public school district is the best in the state. Our youngest child is currently attending puesta del sol elementary. He was born with down syndrome and has been fully included in the most wonderful multi-age classroom. Surrounded with wonderful learning opportunities and the most incredibly gifted teacher. She believes in him and he believes in himself. He is in the 2nd grade, has down syndrome and is reading! He loves his school and his after school safe program and so do we. This school is very highly recommended. Your child will be challenged and be a part of his/her community.

Posted August 08, 2006
My son has since graduated Puesta along with his cousins, but I am still impressed. Chiles was an exceptional after-school program, and the PTO is well-organized and put together some excellent events through the years. It was easy to bond with the other parents and really become a community. In addition, the school recognized some exceptional abilities in my son and put the wheels into motion that enabled him to begin a gifted program at the middle school level. He enjoyed after school choir and karate, and Chiles trips to the River of Lights. We enjoyed Donuts for Dads, Muffins for Moms, and all the get-togethers and fundraisers arranged by the PTO. The parent conferences were informative and helpful, and it was apparent that the teachers care about the students and acknowledge the need for parent involvement.

Posted July 24, 2004
Puesta is a very 'out of the box' type of school. My son was reading by winter break in kindergarten...I don't remember doing that in kindergarten but the kids seemed to handle it just fine. My son will now be in the third grade and I couldn't be happier with his teacher. Since he has gone here, my belief has become that if you make it interesting enough, the kids will get it and they will not struggle. The teachers here push the kids and challenge them without completely overwhelming them. I love the fact that they have a uniform code in effect in all of the RR schools; it makes it so easy to pick-out what to wear in the morning and the kids look good. I recommend the RR public school system to all of my friends and especially love Puesta.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School
450 Southern Blvd, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Puesta Del Sol Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Puesta Del Sol Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top