Rio Rancho, NM

Posted August 02, 2014
My son moved from another school in the district (which was a horrible start to his public school experience... kindergarten was a nightmare) as he began first grade. What a difference a good teacher makes. I am very impressed with the staff thus far and am looking forward to more growth as we start 3rd grade. My son has some behavioral obstacles and every few months we get closer to figuring out the best ways to overcome them... hopefully this year they are snuffed out permanently... thanks in great part to the efforts of the MLK staff!

Martin King Jr Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
I was immediately dissatisfied with the entire staff. The general attitude was negative, from the office to the principal to the teachers. There was more willingness to criticize and punish my children than there was to assist them in resolving their issues. My children never has behavior issues until they got to MLK. My daughter, who had always been enthusiastic about school no longer wants to go. Her self esteem has plummeted in the three months she has been there.

Martin King Jr Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2012
My daughter is in 2nd grade at MLK and has gone here since she was in kindergarten. I have loved all her teachers; they helped get her the help that she had needed for her reading. I also loved both of her reading teachers and the reading program. They even offered us help with some family problems.

Posted October 19, 2011
My daughter attended first grade here and we loved the school. The office staff was very welcoming, her teacher was supportive and implemented parental suggestions. There was a great deal of parental support throughout the school year. I was pleased with my daughter's 1st grade experience.

Posted September 28, 2010
The teachers and staff really seem to care about the children and their futures. There are some great teachers there that have taken the time to encourage these children to learn and explore.

Martin King Jr Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
MLK is the best elementary school ever! The teachers are fabulous, and they ensure that every student has the tools to ensure that they are able to learn! My son's 2nd grade teacher tweaked the curriculum to ensure that he was able to learn math, and now it's his favorite subject! Thank you MLK for everything you do for my kids!

Martin King Jr Elementary School 0

Posted August 11, 2008
Both of my children went to MLK and they both loved it. All the teachers they had were all wonderful. wish all schools could be this good

Martin King Jr Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2008

Martin King Jr Elementary School 5

Posted July 03, 2007
Martin Luther King Elementary School is wonderful. Coming from another State where schools are overcrowded and programs are basically non-existant, I found MLK a breath of fresh air. They basically saved my daughter and her education. The Principal makes a school and this one has the best. Also - the teachers care, are high quality and work together as teams. If a child fails at MLK it is due to lack of parental involvement and support - not the school.

Martin King Jr Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2006
- a staff

Martin King Jr Elementary School
1301 27th St SE, Rio Rancho, NM  87124
Last modified Martin King Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin King Jr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top