Mountain View Middle School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
Did you notice a few reviews down where the kid says "it's great lurning"? That says all I need to know about MVMS.

Mountain View Middle School 2

Posted April 08, 2014
I agree with the last two reviews. MVMS is the third RRPS school that I have had children attend. Many, but not all, staff members I've encountered have been too defensive, too quick. MVMS seems to utilize this approach as their standard protocol. Some of the administrative staff are unpleasant and the principal is proficient at being condescending and saccharine sweet at once. This may sound harsh but is the opinion of many. I also agree with the post about the well overused line about 900 students etc. We parents too are burning our candles at both ends; please stop complaining, your students preparedness and social-economic status is much better than the NM average.

Posted February 16, 2013
I'm a parent of a 3.85 GPA student. MVMS is safe and clean. Most kids attending are middle/upper middle class and prepared to learn. The problem is w/administration, starting at the top. My one/only interaction w/the principal was down right rude. At first I thought she had mistaken me for someone she knew by her actions when in fact having never met/spoke to her. I didn't even know she was the principal until I asked her who she was after she made a snide/unprofessional comment within the first 10 secs. of meeting. She, along with many teachers are quick to mention they have 900 students to deal with. Really, most professionals are in the same boast, we get it, don't use it as a crutch. Also, many teachers are quick to point out that class work/communications are available online (this phrase is used as though it's their collective first line of "defense"). However, good luck sorting through all the different online classroom page layouts and getting access to online progress updates. Not an easy endeavor. Parents need concise, uniformed data. We know of a number of kids who have transferred out due to staff indifference. Overall, OK school but warrants 3 stars realistically.

Posted September 02, 2012
I moved here from Dallas, Texas and went to eagle ridge. I didn't like eagle ridge because they have a bad academic and discipline program so I transferred to mountain view and it's the closest middle school in rio rancho, new Mexico to Texas. It's great! I get challenged in academics and the discipline system actually makes sense!

Posted October 13, 2009
I go here, and it's OK. It's a little stressing, and the teachers are pretty good for the most part, but there is a lot of homework

Posted August 10, 2009
its great lurning,fun and you make great friends.

Mountain View Middle School 0

Posted September 30, 2008
This a great school for our kids and the teachers are great

Mountain View Middle School 4

Posted March 22, 2008
This school is diamond. However, there is no variety in elective classes and the lunch has no nutrition. Mostly of all students are not learning as much as they should and lesson plans are not creative.

Posted January 25, 2008

Posted July 02, 2007
its a good school but they need less homework.

Mountain View Middle School
4101 Montreal Loop, Rio Rancho, NM  87144
Last modified Mountain View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top