Rio Rancho, NM

Posted August 23, 2013
This is our first year at Colinas Elemetary, and so far so good! I am very happy with the communication from the teachers about dates, and events going on. I am also pleased with the sense of safety in the school grounds, and I love the fact that there is a Police Officer that lives on the grounds.

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School 4

Posted July 07, 2008
A school is only as good as the parents who are willing to be actively involved in their child's education. I had no problems at Colinas and found the education my daughter received to be a solid one. Overcrowding wasn't the school's fault and will be resolved with a new school opening and redistricting.

Posted October 03, 2007
This is a great school! It is very over crowded but, it will be relieved by next fall. The principal is great and there are great teachers too. The staff works hard to make education fun while at the same time meaningful.

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2007
This school is overcrowded. My son is in a half of a portable for his class which has 23 in class. The art class is brought in his class he gets his lunch and eats in the class. Son with ADD stuck in class all day and if punished no recess. (not good combination) Have been some bus issues. Not enough parking.

Posted July 20, 2007

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2007
My kids have been going to colinas since kindergarden, they are now in third grade. We have had nothing but great teachers for our kids. The stuff they have learned is amazing. Teachers and staff have been such a great help for my daughters illness, and it hasnt effected her education at al with all the support from the staff of colinas.

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2007
Moving to Rio Rancho was in part because of the rep of the schools. Colinas totally failed our expectations. We had several concerns- 1- safety 2- Overcrowding is a HUGE problem- 3- classroom morale- emphasis is on punishment for offenses rather than reward for accomplishment- poor morale. 4- Students who excel get shafted because the teachers are too busy concentrating on helping those behind. My son's teacher actually said he was bored. This school was so bad we pulled him out and put him in private school where he is now working a full grade ahead, and reading several levels above what he got in this public school. Parents also don't feel welcome. I would never send my child back.

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2007
This school is lacking in providing a quality education for those who want it. Mediocre seems to best describe this school and this appears to be ok with the Principal. My child was not challenged in the classroom. I had to do a lot of things at home to keep him challenged. The only extracurricular activity that I am aware of is Karate and Student Government. Apparently it is not required of all teachers to update or even have a webpage even though it is accessible from the school web page. Overall, I was very disappointed with this school. Moving to Rio Rancho for the schools is a good idea but just not in the district of Colinas.

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2005

Posted July 24, 2005
My wife and I decided to purchase a house in Rio Rancho because we were told the schools in Rio Rancho were alot better than the Albuquerque Public Schools. Last year my daughter entered into kindergarten at Colinas del Norte. Her teachers Mrs. Galloway and Mrs. V along with the rest of the school far exceeded our expectations. My daughter not only learned kinder basics such as colors, shapes and intro to numbers and letters but by the end of the school year is capable of reading, telling time and adding and subtracing. It is great knowing this school and district is focused on teaching and challenging our children to prepare them for their future. I highly recommend this school.

Colinas Del Norte Elementary School
1001 23rd Ave, Rio Rancho, NM  87144
Last modified Colinas Del Norte Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colinas Del Norte Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top