Roswell, NM

Posted March 09, 2014
Excellent School. I graduated from there 18 years ago. Though the academics were rigorous, I was WELL prepared for university. My professors were so impressed, they asked me to continue on to graduate school - I owe much of my success to NMMI.

Nm Military Institute 1

Posted December 06, 2013
My son was branded there by fellow cadets. Unless you want your child to not only have physical scars but emotional scars and spend $$ on therapy I suggest you look elsewhere.

Posted February 14, 2013
Our son has attended NMMI for 3 years and the school has done wonders for him. He was struggling in a few subjects when he first entered NMMI but now is flourishing in all subjects. He now understands how important it is to study hard on a daily basis. He has a regular study routine and the staff has been supportive in his educational development. Because we live out of town It can be difficult to build a solid relationship with our son's teachers. The schools is much more of a boarding school than a military school The hardest part was the first few months during our sons first year. The school does cost quite a bit but there are numerous scholarships available which help take away the sticker shock. Overall I would have to say NMMI has helped prepare our son to be successful in college.

Posted March 13, 2011
My daughter is a high school freshman at NMMI. We have been very happy with the structure, activities and learning atmosphere. Once the first semester was over she seemed happier and settled into the routine. She is having a hard time keeping her grades up (which we were told was to be expected) but she is getting all the help one could possibly need/want. We would love her to continue attending NMMI and feel it is superior over any local high school in New Mexico. Also, the principal is a warm, caring man. If there are ever concerns he is very open to discussion and actually takes the time to get to know his cadets.

Nm Military Institute 2

Posted February 05, 2011
We were very disappointed when my son attended NMMI. It is really a school for kids who are willing to follow the rules until they figure out how to play the system. If your kids isn't likely to do that, stay away. . My son got a tobacco infraction (fair enough) but another student didn't because she buys candy for the person who is responsible for reporting it. My son earned demerits for missing a class, his roommate did not (guess which one is favored). There is seriously inadequate supervision at the barracks. Many thefts and violence. I don't know about you, but I assumed my kid would be safe! The commandant (manages the non-academics) seems to be the problem. Very poor leadership. They did not follow their own rule book in handling demerits. We met people who were happy with the school but they had girls attending, not boys. I wonder if the thefts and violence are not a problem with the girls. The academic side of NMMI was ok for my son, just the barracks area was really a problem. That's why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

Posted February 26, 2010
My son is a freshman in college. Living in Roswell you hear may different stories about NMMI but it is a wonderful school. Teacher to student ratio fantastic. We just love it

Posted March 25, 2009