Roswell, NM

El Capitan Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2014
The principal is easily accessible but the teachers are still doing unsatisfactory. I wish my daughter's teacher would use constructive criticism. Instead she simply puts on her report card that she is not quite "meeting expectations". Although she is testing well and scores well above many of the students, my daughter is led to believe that she isn't doing good. Teachers like that should communicate with parents on how they come up with their numbers and notify them if they are having any difficulties. I've tried numerous times to address the issues at the school but nothing has changed. Lack of communication does not promote confidence for any student. By the way, this is a first grade teacher so if your child is approaching that grade, beware.

Posted August 29, 2013
The teachers are great!! They're easy to approach by both the students and the parents and you can see they genuinely care about the development of your children.

Posted August 29, 2013
I went there and so does my son. The teachers there now are the same ones who taught me. It's great.

Posted August 29, 2013
I have had the pleasure to meet many people on the staff at El Cap. I have gone to several of their assemblies as well. It's not often you find a school with the same core beliefs you grew up with anymore,and it's great to see that this school still touches on those things.

Posted February 02, 2008
The staff is great to my kids and the school supports my kids education

Posted July 04, 2006
We have 5 children ages 12, 11, 7, 2 & 10 months old. We have been a parent now at El Capitan school for several years since my oldest was in kinder there now shes going on to 7 th grade as well as my 11 yr old.my 7 yr old will be in 2nd grade at the school. I am so satisfied with the school. They are a great team they are such a caring staff. Parents are so welcome at the school at any given moment. We never feel out of place we feel like a family. My children love it there. My 2 oldest are sad to be leaving to middle school but know they are always welcome to visit any time.

El Capitan Elementary School
2807 West Bland St, Roswell, NM  88203
Last modified El Capitan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Capitan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top