Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter has been at Military Heights 5 years she is now in 5th grade in the pegs program and I m so pleased with Mrs.Shaffer is so amazing with the kids and my daughter will really miss her. The over all school is great and the only thing I would change is the way parents do not have the opportunity to go and volunteer. I know it is a safety issue but after going through the back ground check I still don't get the chance to help out anymore

Posted April 28, 2014
My son loves his school. He wants to go to school everyday, so I don't have to fight with him on a daily basis. He has a very good teacher who keeps all the kids in line.

Posted August 30, 2011
I too received the letter with the option to transfer schools. However, I love this school! My son has done very well at Military Heights due to the principal and the exceptional teachers. It is not that important to me that the the school as a whole has not passed the state testing, that could be due to ANY number or reasons and I don't see that it has to do with the ability of the teachers that my son has had. It could have more to do the the students who are not good students, parents who are not involved with their kids education process, etc. For me, that state score is NO reflection about how well my son has and is doing at Military Heights. I am so appreciative of the help that has been offered to my son and well he is flourishing here.

Military Hgts Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2011
We had a TERRIBLE Kindergarten experience, but the teacher my son had is no longer an employee of the school. Since then, we have been blessed with wonderful teachers. However, we were recently informed that the school has FAILED, for the past 2 years, to meet the State's requirements and has given us the option to transfer to a school who HAS met them. I am torn as to what to do as this is my son's last year at the school. However...NO information has been given about WHY the school's test scores were below expectations or what is going to be done to better the situation. Instead of being given the option to transfer, I would much rather them rectify with a solution to the problem...effective immediately!

Posted December 08, 2009
My daughter is in grade 5 now and the school is really good . The teachers work with kids difficult areas to help them do there work well.

Posted September 21, 2009
My son is new to this school but we have been very impressed with the principal's involvement and his teacher. She has been incredibly helpful and eager to help my son maintain his regular ed placement. My son is now enjoying school and on track for first grade.

Posted August 07, 2009

Posted October 09, 2007

Posted January 09, 2005
My daughter is a second grader at Military Heights. She has had some difficuliies but the teachers and staff have really worked with her. She is doing much better now. The parents are encouraged and welcome to come to school and help out with their child or just observe. The CEI lab is really helpful resource for the students. I would like to see more music in the school, especially with the younger grades. Overall, this is an excellent school.

Military Hgts Elementary School
1900 North Michigan, Roswell, NM  88201
Last modified Military Hgts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Military Hgts Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top