Ruidoso, NM

Ruidoso High School 0

Posted February 03, 2010
This is a great school. Teachers are fair. Math departments and social science is something to be proud of here. This school, though, has its dirty secrets. For one, the principle doesn't take any responsibility and doesnt follow the rule of, 'dont judge a book by its cover '. He's not one to hold grudges but as soon as something goes on in the halls,up stairs, he wont be afraid totake the the whole upstairs into detention or suspension. I personally think he does'nt know what he's doing. I say that if we got a principle who actually cares about wat goes on in school and doesn'nt hide behind his desk, the students, staff and school would be happier. Thats not to say the staff or administration is bad. V.P does exellent work and staff and students are great. Year 2010

Ruidoso High School 5

Posted July 18, 2007
I believe since there is new leadership in the school you can see a very obvious transition in the culture of the school. My child is now a senior and I can honestly say that the assistant principal has made RHS a safe and accountable school. His desire to truly care about kids has enabled the school to be one of the best in NM. My child plays sports but is also very involved with academics. I am very pleased with RHS.

Posted June 06, 2007
- a former student
You have to go to a good quality public high school in another state to realize how substandard the academics are in Ruidsoso High School. I am not kidding when I say that it has the educational equivalency of an ok middle school elsewhere. I attended both Ruidoso High School and a High school in Colorado. Its shocking.

Ruidoso High School 3

Posted September 03, 2006
- a former student
RHS is not the best high school in New Mexico, I will be the first one to say that. Some high schools like Albuquerque Academy and La Cueva have higher marks academically. You also have schools, even rival class 3A schools like Lovington and Portales have more consistent state appearances in sports. However, Ruidoso High School is still one of the finest high schools in the state. The English Department is one of the top five, if not the best as far as teachers Freshman through Senior grades, that consistently push their students to their absolute highest potential. I have never seen a school that cares so much about its students and although there are fights, that happens all the time in high schools throughout the nation. Ruidoso should be happy about its high school and for the most part, the community supports it well. Shane Hoffman Graduating Senior 2006

Posted September 23, 2005
Ruidoso High School needs the community to set in and actually examine what happens within the high school. The school is riddled with violence that is not dealt with. My child was brutally beaten up on campus and the principal and assistant principal did nothing but try to hide the incident. Ask your own child how safe they really feel at RHS!

Posted June 24, 2005

Posted February 15, 2005
- a former student
As a 2003 graduate I would like to say that RHS was a great school. I know there was a few problems with the administration. The school is not as bad as some make it seem. I never felt threatened except for normal harassment by peers in a teenage environment. The wonderful teachers I had (at least 6) inspired me and I really did learn a lot from them. I wasn't the best student in High School, but the motivation I was given by the teachers has carried me to a 3.5 NMSU GPA. I have scholarships for the NCAA equestrian team and love college. As a born-and-raised Ruidosoan, I would definitely recommend RHS!

Posted January 09, 2005
I am really shocked to read the feedback from the ratings of RHS. I am a senior this year and will be graduating in May. The people who have posted their comments about our school seem to be going off of personal feelings towards the principal or administration. If in fact they did actually attend our school as students they would have the Privilege to be part of such an awesome staff. Yes our school is suppportive of football but they are supportive of every sport. Our principal attends almost, if not all, sport games and extra-curricular activities. Even if they are as far as Silver City. Our teachers care for the students and so far for me have done nothing but support, yet challenge me and prepare me for my future. Maybe the problem is not the staff,rather the lack of parent involvement and obviously SUPPORT. RHS #1 High School in NM.

Posted December 19, 2004
- a former student
Unlike most of the people who have made comments about Ruidoso Shigh School, I believe it is a wonderful school with a staff and administration who care about their students. I attended Ruidoso High School all four years and for the first three years I had a different principal each year. Those three principals did not care about academics or athletics. They only cared about making themselves look good. I know the current principal expects a lot from his staff and students but he has brought school pride and a much safer environment to the school. All extra curricular activities are considered worth while to the principal. It is not his fault that the majority of the student body prefers athletics over other activities related to school. I feel it is a wonderful school and would choose to send my children there instead schools where they're not cared for.

Posted December 17, 2004
- a former student
I attended school here for all four years of high school. There is no problem with the principal, just students hate athoritive figures; and YES sports teams do have biger budgets, but there are also a lot more people in sports than any other program. I was in culinary and am currently going to culinary school, when I was in high school, in the culinary competitions, we got a bigger budget then most, we never fundraised, we were able to have everything paid for. It has been two years since I graduated, and on returning occasionally to the school I have seen more violence then I ever witnessed while going there. All I can give is my opinion, whether you choose to listen or not is your own ordeal.

Ruidoso High School
125 Warrior Dr, Ruidoso, NM  88345
Last modified Ruidoso High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruidoso High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top