Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Everyone says this is one of the better schools in Santa Fe, but I strongly disagree. My child needed help with reading. I was told he had to be in the "red" (failing) before he qualified for help.... I had to go have a meeting with the principal, who rushed me along and out the door, in order to get him help. She acted like it was a real inconvenience to add him to a reading group. Lunch, I go eat with him sometimes and I feel like we are in prison. They have 2-4 adults walking around the tables yelling at the kids if they get too loud. I understand that kids get out of control quick, but there is no need to be as harsh as they are. The word that comes to mind when I think about E.J. Martinez is, dull. I see pictures and posts from my friends about all the fun stuff their kids do at the schools across town. I can't help but feel that my kid is missing out on a happier, funner elementry school experience. And forget any of the school functions. They are totally disorganized. We only go because my kid begs me to take him. It seems like a lot of the kids are really rude too. It might just be the age group, or the fact that, well, they are kids. My kid is only going there because we live less than a mile away and work on that side of town. Maybe this 2015-2016 school year will be better. And if your kid goes there I pray you have a better experience than ours.

By far one of the better public schools in Santa Fe. The communication between the parents and teacher are absolutely outstanding. Not only do we communicate through the daily planner but the teacher also sends out a weekly postcard with attendance and students progress. Thank you for going that extra mile. It is appreciated!

This school has very dedicated teachers. Many go the extra mile to ensure student success. My kids love the music teacher and the after school program especially.

This school is a good example of why New Mexico public schools are failing. Very uneven teacher quality with especially poor math instruction by all teachers. Principal is unaware of what goes on in each class.

This school has dedicated staff members who love and care about children. They also have a great arts program and active PTA.

Excellent teachers and a good leader in the principal which = good teacher morale. The parent community is involved (arranging movie nights, raising money for things the school district doesn't fund). I feel lucky that my children can go to EJ Martinez!

Last modified E.J. Martinez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.