Santa Fe, NM

Posted May 10, 2013
When i went here, i was bullied every day, and it wasnt really noticed by the teachers. One of the teachers blamed what was happening on me and said that because it wasnt happening to anyone else it wasnt happening. I did not enjoy my time here and it would have been a much better experience if someone had done something or said something.

Posted April 24, 2013
I was trying so hard to keep my children at this school since we are out of district, but now I am not so sure i want to keep them there. The Principal and Vice Principal don't return my calls, especially with a bullying situation. There is lack of communication with the teachers. I am a single parent so I try emailing and sending in notes, i get little to no response from the teachers and councilors. I have gone as far as going to the school and I get the brush off from the Principal, he cuts me off when i try to explain something, making me feel like he does not have time for me or my concerns. I am unhappy and will be re locating my children for the next year.

Gonzales Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2012
The principal is excellent & highly involved. The kids are friendly & well behaved. The teachers are thoughtful & kind. This is one of the better schools in Santa Fe. I would only consider Carlos Gilbert or Acequia Madre over Gonzales. Another plus is that since it is a community school kids can stay through 8th grade. Meaning no transition to middle school. Problems: 1) I wouldn't call the class work academically challenging. 2) the test scores are horrible and tell the entire academic story. There is room here to learn, but these kids should be pushed harder and the teaching staff should have higher expectations of them. 3) good luck on special services! It takes more than a year to qualify for gifted programs or special education programs! No wonder some students are failing! We know of students with learning disabilities who are failing their classes and may have to repeat a grade due to the snails pace of establishing special education services. It's a shame. Overall, great school environment, room to learn if you don't have special needs, but failing to provide academic rigor and timely assessment for special education and gifted programs.

Gonzales Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2010
Gonzales has been absolutely amazing. My daughter is currently in 8th grade and had transferred from Capshaw Middle School where she was flailing - academically and socially. At Gonzales, her grades have improved immensely. She is a happier child and student. The staff are welcoming and helpful. I can actually talk to them on the phone! And the teachers respond immediately to e-mails. It has been a complete 180 degree turnaround for my daughter! Thank you Gonzales for opening your doors to 7th and 8th graders. Santa Fe needed another middle school option and you have done well.

Gonzales Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2010
My son transferred to Gonzales from another school this year, and for the first time has had to deal with bulling. It is very upsetting and disappointing since the school is one of the better ones! He has attended different schools before and has never had problems transitioning. The school is trying to educate kids on 'bulling' which does reassure me that they are aware of the issue. Mr. Marino is also very patient and understanding with the kids helping them resolve issues. All in all the school does try it s best considering its resources available to them.

Posted March 20, 2010

Gonzales Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Gonzalez's teachers are dedicated, and work as a team with the principal to provide a great experience!

Gonzales Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2008
My daughter has just left Gonzales after 3 years, unfortunately the school was unable to address my child's need for accelerated learning in several areas. Despite high test scores the school would not provide any enhancement in specific areas such as Math and reading.

Gonzales Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2008
My Daughter is 6 years old and is a student at Gonzales. My daughter is reading on her own. As a parent I think Gonzales is a great School. GO LOBOS

Gonzales Elementary School 2

Posted December 03, 2007
Very poor school - but probably representative of New Mexico public education. Academic standards extremely low. Principal is not effective and hasn't addressed some serious issues at the school - endemic bullying problems occuring there, with little effort to address the issues. No organized physical education program. Some very good teachers, but also very poor ones as well.

Gonzales Elementary School
851 West Alameda, Santa Fe, NM  87501
(505) 467-2003
Last modified Gonzales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gonzales Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top