Santa Fe, NM
Students enrolled: 1,456

Posted September 27, 2014
This school is a very unbalanced school. My niece had come home from school furious eexplaining to me that security keeps being called on her for "riding her skateboard" and then they rip it out of her hands when she has evidence from multiple teachers and students that she wasnt on it. The education is startiny to diminish too. She tells me she isn't learnung much and when she does its not in core classes. I highly do not recommend this school.

Posted March 06, 2014
As a teaching professional, I am a strong supporter of public school education. Shortly after moving here from Colorado, I enrolled our daughter into SFHS. Our child lasted a total of one month at the school, during which time she experienced very severe bullying, found herself in overcrowded and unruly classrooms, witnessed drug use and violence on campus, and begged us to remove her from the school. As a parent, I saw a great number of dedicated teachers at SFHS who were being pushed beyond human limitations by the school s leadership. Overall, I was shocked by the poor quality of the school and lack of leadership or discipline. I could not recommend this school at this point in time.

Santa Fe High School 5

Posted June 25, 2013
Like everything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Santa Fe High School is an excellent learning environment for the students who want to learn. There is an extensive number of Honor and AP classes offered and given by incredible dedicated and motivating teachers. The math program is the only weak link but the school is working on improving that department with new teachers and math coaches for the present teachers.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are very dedicated to the students and really love their kids.

Posted July 05, 2009
My son attended Santa Fe HighSchool for Apr & May of 2009. I transferred from another state and when his final grades arrived he failed two classes that he had A's in before he transferred to this school. When I registered him, they wanted me to come back in two weeks and then come to find out that they didn't even have a principal or vice principal. The teachers were more interested in getting a paycheck instead of teaching. I am trying to find somewhere else to put my son for his sophmore year. We came from a great school system in TX to a very poorly run school and school district in NM

Posted August 29, 2008
poor school. Aweful principle...very disappointed

Posted May 29, 2008
I student taught at Santa Fe HS many years ago. I thought that it was an excellent school with teachers who cared and for the most part so did the students. The facility was excellent and clean and the staff supportive.

Santa Fe High School 3

Posted May 24, 2008
Santa Fe High School is an interesting school because, i attended for about half of the school year, and i thought that some of the teachers actually cared about the students. I realized that most of the students didnt feel motivated becuase the teacher didnt feel motivated. That would normally be a problem, but the teachers at Santa Fe High provide the students with everything they need to get their education. However, the students just messed around in class not really caring because they felt that no one cared about them. I liked it for most of the time i attended, i got to know some teachers whom were really supportive, and inspirational. I am deeply appreciative that i got to know two of my teachers becasue they really did care about each of their students.

Santa Fe High School 2

Posted March 10, 2008
I am a parent, my son attends SFHS, my probably is that the parent involvment is very poor when it comes to athletics it seems that parents do not care about their child when partcipating in a sport , whenever their is a booster meeting the same parents show up and that is not good we need alot of parent involvment for every sport that is at SFHS. So please parents if you want your child to suceed at sports along with their academics please start gettting involved with your child and attend the booster club meetings are progams will not succeed if their is very little involvment and less money with be disturbuted to such sports.

Santa Fe High School 2

Posted December 27, 2007
The students at this school will get out of it what themselves and their parents put into it. There needs to be more tutoring available and the schedules could be put together better! The sports in this school has declined dramatically every year, no one cares, nobody trying out, no effort, same coaches, it is an embarassement for a school this size to stink this bad year after year. It needs new coaching, leadership and motivation to succeed...

2100 Yucca Rd, Santa Fe, NM  87505
(505) 467-2003
Last modified Santa Fe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Fe High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top