Bad
Good

My daughter attends Capshaw.She has improve very much on test scores this year. She showed me her tests and she is proficient in Math and English. Thankyou Capshaw.

This school is top notch when it comes to helping children learn. They have several dedicated teachers who go above and beyond to help a student learn. I have had the opportunity to meet my son's teachers and keep in touch with them to track the progress of my child. His teachers are very cooperative and collaborate with me when there is any concern with my child. They seek many avenues to help these children. You can see the teachers her truly care about the students. They have new computers that students are working on. They are learning Micro Soft office which involves Word, Excel. Access and Power Point. I think this is a great thing because it's something they will be using in the future more often.

This school is AWFUL. No wonder New Mexico public schools are ranked 49th in the US. The teachers should be more concerned with the 50% drop out rate in the Santa Fe Public School District and preventing gang fights in the hallway. Instead, they pick on quiet children who "need to make some friends" and use their class time to burden the students with inappropriate tales of their personal tragedies and liberal political views. Next year we will move and my sons will go to another school. Counting the days!

this was the best school i have ever been to i really love that scholl and im going to miss it love u CMS

This school was the best public school I have ever been to. The teachers were wonderful and fun, and we did many fun actvities, and I regret only being able to stay there for one year. The students were also very kind and helpful.

I survived Capshaw. Three fight threats. Tons of peer pressure. One girl even got pregnant. I hated the dress code. We had security gaurds and Identification Cards. Some students have been seen with weapons such as knives or lighters. I wasn't fond of the principal or many of the teachers. They didn't really teach in class, they just gave us piles of homework and made us go study it for ourselves. Even so, I was a straight A student with the exceptional B. I only had one true friend. I got very lucky and finally switched into Monte del Sol. It is soooooo much better you would not belieive it!!! So I reccomend for the parents to take their kids somewhere else if possible.

My eldest daughter seemed to have survived Capshaw, but I've transferred my younger one out of this school. While some of the teachers are very good, there are others that are not responsible at all, and are downright rude and unapproachable. One teacher left two students stranded in town at dark during a field trip without calling either parent. I was 15 minutes late, because I got lost and I found my daughter waiting in the dark and cold without any supervision! The school unfortunately is run like a prison camp. There is nothing personable about the place. The front desk is rude to both students and parents. And lastly, the student population is questionable - there are just too many kids, and a quite few bad apples in the bunch. I was very disappointed in this school, and my younger daughter is thriving elsewhere thank goodness!

i am an eight grader at Capshaw and it is a ver good school. i would perfer bringing your student to this schhol. they will be givin good classes with good teachers. capshaw middle school rocks!!!!

CMS is a great jr high. I am a student and all of the teachers are evry helpful. Ms.Garcia and Ms.Lujan know how to help the students whenever we are having problems. I am glad that my parents put me in this jr high. I LOVE CMS!

I'm a student at Capshaw Middle School. It is an excellent school because the teachers and staff care about you personally and your grades. Teachers are willing to stay after to talk to you about your grades and encourage you to do your best. Also, the coaches check grades every friday to make sure that you are not falling behind. Overall, I would recomend Capshaw to anyone wanting to send your child to the best of the best!

Last modified Calvin Capshaw Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.