Posted September 02, 2005
Two of my kids graduated from Santa Fe Indian School, and my youngest goes to school there. He is a boarder so he only comes home on week-ends. I feel that when they stay there they learn to be alot more responsible,it also prepares them for college. Every evening they have time set aside for study hall which is monitored. The dorm staff are great with the kids. The new school is beautiful they should be proud of the new dorms, library, etc. Sports wise they are now 3A and they have been doing a great job! The new football field is beautiful and they have new baseball fields. A bigger gym would be nice to have. My son loves sports, so he is very involved in the sports program. Acadmic wise the teachers are great. My son loves it! On fridays i'm anxious to hear his stories.

Posted March 22, 2005
Santa Fe Indian School is a truly great institution. I guarantee that there are no other schools like it in the nation. The student body is primarily made up of Native Americans, who all have a drive to learn. The students are exceptionally bright and the teachers are amazing. Every year SFIS sends its students to the most selective universities in the nation. My daughter attends Santa Fe Indian School and because of her attendance, colleges call her in hopes of recruitment on a weekly basis. Santa Fe Indian School is an excellent choice. It is a great high school for college preparatory.

Santa Fe Indian School 4

Posted March 19, 2005
- a former student

Posted August 26, 2004
What I think about the school. It is a perfect place to enroll your child. It is good to get your child in a challenging environment because they are not always going to be young. It helps them be responsible and education is excellent. I was once a student and I learned to be responsible and has helped me out. Continue to keep your child in school (SFIS) for they will need it in the future. Thanks to all the staff and teacher I have made something of myself and memories will continue to live on as the school will continue to stand. God Bless all the students, staff, parents and the school.

Posted July 12, 2004
I have three children currently attending the Santa fe Indian School. They say it's a very educational and knowledgedable school and they teach will. It is very will organized school. It's a great opportunity to live away from home and experiencing life in the dorms to get a feel of what college life is going to be like. The dorm staff are very well thoughfull of the students. I encourage parents to enroll their children there to be successfull in their future.

Posted July 14, 2003
I have three children. Two have graduated from Santa Fe Indian School and the youngest has always said she was going to be a graduate of Santa Fe Indian School. She enrolled at SFIS this past school year. I have seen so much growth in her personal abilities. She is a 5-day student, meaning, she boards at the school during the week and returns home for the weekend. We live approximately 30 miles from the school and while the school provides bus transportation, she has chosen to live in the dorms as her brother and sister did. Her academic schedule was challenging enough that she did not get bored. She is a strong academic student and was placed in the 'Gifted Program'. I think the greatest contributing factor to her growth, is the school's purposeful building of pride in herself as a Pueblo Indian. While some of the public schools make our children feel inferior, Santa Fe Indian School is developing future tribal leaders.

Santa Fe Indian School