PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have never experienced the luxury of the a school such as this one. The teachers put more investment into each and every child to an extent I have never seen. Having two kids and moved a few times in only the four years of my kids lives, I have seen: Daycare's that declare they have agendas that seem fitting and appropriate. Early Childhood centers that claim they are giving my children exactly what they need. Chain Daycares that have excellent reviews... I thought I saw it all until my child was accepted into Rio Grande. I was blown away at what this school offered. The teachers kept me in touch with every small accomplishment and helped with the struggles. There was no detail left unsaid. I assumed all early childhood places declared promises that would never be met - I was very wrong! I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the teachers, the administration and entire school was just as invested in my child as I was. I can say with full confidence that this is the most solid foundation one could ever get for their child. My child wants to go to school every day - and now easily lets me start my day with a happy heart.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I feel spoiled because I only hear of bullying in other schools - there has been one time when a boy hurt my daughters feelings and the next day - he appeared with a handwritten apology note (in crayon because he's four) Now that is paying attention to detail and giving 100% care.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school makes sure they have the resources available if any learning disabilities are revealed. Careful screening (let me rephrase that) Meticulous screening occurs before any child is accepted to insure that ALL the child's needs are met....

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Problems come and go in every school - but at this one, the solution is executed quickly and effectively - with the best results. There are too many people with passion in this school to let a problem linger for long - that is a guarantee.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The effectiveness of learning how to have integrity, compassion, and respect is what she is showing me she learned at school - she now teaches her younger brother and I am stunned... and proud of course!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have never encountered more effective teachers - ANYWHERE... These are absolutely TOP-NOTCH

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The activities that my youngest gets to take home are always fun and easy to accomplish. They are strategic for her age and perfect for her growth.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The social emotional learning curriculum is a key component of the everyday lives of the students.

Rio Grande School offers a challenging academic curriculum within a nurturing, community oriented environment. The students and families are known so RGS delivers on a personalized educational experience. We have been parents of RGS students since 2007 and could not imagine our kids going anywhere else. We believe in the quality of education provided and have seen those results with our oldest child as she goes through middle school. She was extremely well prepared for an academically rigorous program and had the balance of social-emotional skills to navigate a new school and student body. RGS is a Santa Fe gem. All families should take the time to visit the school, meet the faculty and observe the students. It's an educational experience our family recommends highly.

RGS is an asset to the Santa Fe community. As a lifelong educator, I can appreciate the dedicated, highly competent and caring faculty and administrative staff, the vision and commitment of RGS's board of trustees, and the joy and appropriate challenge that permeates the school experience for the children. With all the concerns we are hearing these days about the quality of education in this state, and especially the need for a good start beginning with early childhood programming, RGS may be the best "gift" parents can give their children.

Last modified Rio Grande School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6