Santa Fe, NM
Before care: Yes

Posted April 30, 2014
I have two children (boy and girl) who attended the Santa Fe Waldorf School preschool through 6th grade. Both had exceptional teachers, made lifelong friends, and learned much more than just the 3 "R"s -- though they did learn those very well. Although my children gained much specific knowledge, I find it more important that they were taught HOW to learn and to gain pleasure from the process, as opposed to just seeking to accomplish each task and get on with it. In addition to the rich curriculum, the teachers work to foster true values - respect for others, curiosity, caring, confidence, resiliency, and empathy. Every child learns to look you straight in the eye and shake your hand -- now that is what I call a practical skill! Remaining with the same teacher for multiple years allows the teacher to really know each child and their capabilities. Both my children were pushed to reach their individual potentials because the teacher could provide the best learning approach and gauge their limits. Our family has been very happy at the Santa Fe Waldorf School, quite satisfied with the education provided, and grateful for the time spent with the Waldorf Community.

Posted April 24, 2014
Out children have been students at the SFWS for the past four and a half years,spanning from second grade through high school sophomore. We could go on and on about the many positive attributes here, however the overwhelming gifts our children continue to receive are a classics based education, development of a strong and sensitive human spirit, intrigue which results in a lifelong learner, a confident and expressive voice and enrichment of their souls. We feel that the SFWS continues to shape our children into contributing, caring and intellectual members of our society.

Posted April 16, 2014
i am a studant at Santa Fe Waldorf School. I have ben going here for 6 years! It is the best school I can imagine to be going to. I have tried going to public school and compared to Waldorf it is terrible . It seemed like they didn't like kids there! I like Waldorf because, 1) they don't have bullies, 2 ) we are all like a family and we work together, and 3) the teachers really help you to learn and understand things. I LOVE GOING TO SCHOOL!!!! (This message has been revied and approved by the student's mom.)

Santa Fe Waldorf School 2

Posted April 01, 2014
strengths: The curriculum is a great, well rounded classic eduction, that serves most children well. It is art based and when it works well teaches kids to think rather than give pat answers. Weaknesses: Children with different learning styles are not so well served. Teachers are chosen and retained based on personality and kowtowing to an elite group that rules the roost rather than credentials and teaching ability. Wealthy parents have far too much say in how the school runs and their children are given special treatment and not held accountable for their behavior.

Posted September 30, 2013
Santa Fe Waldorf School has been one of the most rewarding and complete educational opportunities for our daughter and family. We love the values, the sense of self and community that the school provides. As a family, we highly recommend the educational approach of the Waldorf School.

Posted September 30, 2013
Our two children have attended Santa Fe Waldorf School since preschool. When we looked at and considered all the other options in Santa Fe, my wife and I felt that this school was the only one that looked at the development of the whole child, not just the academics. One is now in the lower school, the other in middle school, and both continue to demonstrate a curiousity about the world and people around them that is not often seen at this level among young people today. The de-emphasis on technology in the early years is a challenge, especially in a culture that is so dependent on electronic media, but our family, including our children, can see that this has made a sigificant and positive impact on their learning and way of being in the world with others.

Posted September 05, 2013
We are sending our second child to the Santa Fe Waldorf high school. We are consistently impressed with the process of this unique educational process. By senior year, the kids are remarkably confident, curious, flexible, and interesting. In our opinion, this is a very good school and creates a great foundation for young adults who are entering a world where increasingly rapid change is the only constant.

Posted September 01, 2013
Santa Fe Waldorf is education for the 21st century. My children have attended the school since 6th grade and have been happily learning and growing in a safe and academically challenging environment. The Waldorf school cares about each students unique characteristics and educates with this in mind. My students are challenged by the rigorous math problems and actually SHOW the work they do to complete each problem! They might not get it right the first time but they UNDERSTAND the process when they are done and the work is corrected! And yes, they READ! MY children have read "The Iliad and The Odyssey", Goethe's "Faust", Dante's "Inferno" and Thoreau's "Walden." They discuss, write thoughtful essays , working on proper grammar. If you want a REAL SCHOOL THAT GRADUATES CREATIVE THINKERS THEN THE WALDORF SCHOOL IS FOR YOU! The school has a top notch music program that educates all students. Art is included in the curriculum giving students a taste of the many forms. Students learn drawing, painting, woodworking, sculpting, and even metal work.The athletic program is no cut and all students who want to participate may. We have even won some district titles! Waldorf is exceptional!

Posted August 31, 2013
The SFWS has been a wonderful place for my daughter and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a rich, substantive, and supportive educational experience for their child. By the end of fifth grade, she and her classmates had learned about ancient and modern history, mathematics, science, social studies, literature, spanish and art. They also learned to sew and knit, to play a musical instrument, to speak confidently in front of the class and larger groups, to plant a garden and to put up a tent. And that is just the tangible part. In a world where many children grow up too quickly, SFWS manages to both preserve the magical part of childhood and foster a firm footing in the real world. The incredible dedication of the faculty and staff creates a sense of belonging that is a source of strength and comfort in a fragmented, fast-moving world. As my child enters middle school, I see a happy, thriving person and I am very, very grateful for this school.

Posted August 30, 2013
My son started in preschool and graduated from the high school in 2011, attending Berklee College of Music thereafter, well prepared by the curriculum and teachers, especially with its focus on music. My daughter attended from preschool through eighth grade. We found the emphasis on critical thinking, practical application ( including handwork, art, and music), and outdoor exploration a welcome change from other local schools and a significant contributor to their growth as fully developed humans. The small size and continuity of teacher staff allow each child to learn on his/her individual level with a feeling of family. The focus on the natural world and imagination while attempting to minimize the forces of media during the early years is a powerful and laudable emphasis on child development. The campus is lovely, the sports programs strong, parental and community involvement open and embracing, and our whole family greatly benefited from the education we all received.

Santa Fe Waldorf School
26 Puesta Del Sol, Santa Fe, NM  87508
Last modified Santa Fe Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Santa Fe Waldorf School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top