PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

DMS is a great school with amazing staff and teachers. My daughters loves going to school and I feel confident that she is learning and excelling.

I moved my daughter to Desert when she started 4th grade because I was convinced that she would be offered a better educational and social/emotional experience than she would get at her current school. I was not disappointed. Her academic abilities began to blossom under the care of her teachers. The high academic standards and the creativity brought to the classroom create a climate of success. This, in turn, fostered a new sense of pride and accomplishment in my daughter. My only regret is not starting her at Desert Montessori when she was in preschool.

We've had two kids at DMS since 2006 and we love it! The kids get individualized attention and are held to high standards.

Our oldest daughter graduated from Desert Montessori last year (2011), and now that she is at Santa Fe Prep, we can really "see" how Desert Montessori prepared her for success. She is thriving and loves learning. The Desert Montessori teachers are amazing and truly dedicated to providing the best environment and education for every child!

Desert Montessori has been nothing short of spectacular for my kids. It is a small school with an engaged community of parents, with outstanding teachers. My children get all the basics, plus Spanish, Art and Music from teachers dedicated to those subjects. Academically my kids are exceeding their grade levels and expectations, but more than that, they are happy, challenged, supported and thriving. I would highly recommend the school to anyone looking for quality education in Santa Fe.

We have two boys at Desert Montessori, and we've been absolutely satisfied with the school from the first day. Our second grader is in a classroom that supports his interests, provides an exciting and stimulating environment, and pays special attention to who he is as an individual. Our younger son is in a preschool classroom where he is nurtured, stimulated, and encouraged to thrive. We couldn't be happier with the education our boys have received, and we're looking forward to continuing our educational journey at this school through 6th grade for both kids. We've also been really happy with the other families at the school, and have had the opportunity to form lasting friendships with those families. Desert is a good place, with good people, and an excellent education.

Both my children went to Desert Montessori starting at three years old and graduating sixth grade. It was a supportive and nurturing environment, and academically very strong while also using several multi sensory techniques for learning that helped all children learn better. Collaboration between students and no tolerance for teasing or bullying of any kind was the norm. Now they are both doing well at Desert Academy thanks to their foundation at Desert Montessori.

We observed in a careful process at several schools in town before selecting this one, and have been very happy. The staff and leadership is caring, experienced and dedicated. The facilities are ample and well suited for the school. Most importantly, the classroom environment is nurturing, structured and allows for great interaction between students and staff. Our child has been here since pre-school and is receiving a great academic and social education, learning to love to learn, and will be well prepared for any high school.

Our son has been attending this school starting in the older Preschool class and is now in the Kindergarten. We have been delighted with his and our experience. The teachers are excellent. Not only are they very loving, but based on my son's work that he brings home is on par with the finest schools in the country. As a school volunteer, I have seen how kids in every class from the Preschool to the Upper Elementary receive personalized attention and are helped to succeed on every level, even if they learn at a different pace or are "learning different". Our son will attend Elementary School here and we look forward to it! :-)

As the parents of a bright pre-school age kid, we love this school. The teachers are well trained and well prepared to manage the needs of all the children in their classroom. Communication between parents and teachers is exceptional. During the school year they bring in music and gymnastics teachers to augment the curriculum. The children spend about 2 hours a day outside year round. The class projects are creative and exciting. My son loves this school. My biggest complaints 1: the parking lot is difficult to manage during drop-off and pick up, and 2: the diversity of the school does not match the diversity of the city both ethnically and economically. As a family on the less wealthy end of the spectrum, we find we don't have a lot in common with many of the other parents. Even so, we're looking forward to elementary school here in a few years.

Last modified Desert Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6