Santa Fe, NM

Posted December 16, 2014
La Mariposa Montessori cares about its students and educates them with respect for each individual. The teachers are amazing--talented, dedicated, and enthusiastic. Our son loves it and so do we!

Posted May 07, 2014
Top notch pre-school and elementary education in New Mexico. It is remarkable that the children of Santa Fe, New Mexico have such an amazing educational opportunity. The teachers are inspiring. These children are achieving at high school levels because of the tremendous dedication and enthusiasm the school has for learning!

Posted February 06, 2013
The reviews on this site tell the whole story . . . . You can't educate with courage and conviction without ruffling some feathers. The principle and the educators at the school are not just impressive, but remarkable. They are actually preparing kids for the world they will encounter . . . not a second wave factory education. Hands on learning, field trips (often inspired by the students themselves) as well as quality play time are an integral part of the experience. I was sad to see reviews about racial bias and/or favoritism. We have experienced none of that (nor have I heard any such comments from others). What I will say is that the faculty and administration do not allow the class to be taken over by one or two kids with behavior problems who make it hard or impossible for the other students to learn and flourish. As a parent I appreciate that. I have long believed that people are generally happy with the private schools in which they have they're children. I must say that we continue to be surprised by the level of instruction, the interest our children show in the curricula and the commitment of the staff.Katrina (the principle) is, herself, a remarkable educator.

Posted July 08, 2012
It's wonderful! I have read some comments about this school that are not accurate portrayals of this school. Why? because its amazing!!! my children enjoyed it so much! they loved the teachers, learned more than i can could of ever dreamed of, remembered all the information they where given!!! and best of all... they where in a place they loved!!! and even now that their out of la mariposa, the habits of working hard- and trying your best, are still their. They have fantastic grades are on the national honors society, and i couldn't be prouder of the kind and caring people they've become!!! thank you la mariposa montessori!!!

La Mariposa Montessori 1

Posted April 12, 2012
Any school community that discriminates between peoples of, color, race, age, religion, teacher, staff, parent or student should be considered & recognized for how they propagate hatred & bias. I found the direction of the school guilty of prejudice, authoritarian control & bias. This can NOT possibly NOT have ill effects on any child & their intrinsic innocence & good nature.

Posted January 04, 2011
This is an excellent school. My children have attended from Kindergarten through sixth grade and go on to do extremely well in high school. La Mariposa has an exceptional math teacher in Katrina Holder, the founder. I loved the fact that Latin was taught. If your child is not self-motivated then a Montessori environment may not be the best thing. If they are, then there is nothing better.

Posted January 02, 2011
La Mariposa is a fantastic school. 2 of our children attended, after switching from Rio Grande. Their math and reading skills skyrocketed at La Mariposa. The creative learning strategy employed is phenomenal. My children loved going to school and have gone on to 7th grade at SF Prep. Highest accolades for the teachers and administration.

La Mariposa Montessori 0

Posted October 12, 2010
They care for their kids.

Posted January 19, 2010
I am the grandparent of a Mariposa Montessori student and I care deeply, of course, about his emotional health, his maturity level, and the quality of his education. This school has been perfect for him. Now in his third year at Mariposa, he is successful beyond my hopes and expectations (which are high).

La Mariposa Montessori 0

Posted March 23, 2009
Both my children have attended this school for the past 2 years. The attention, dedication, creativity and intelligence of all the teachers has done wonders for my girls. The community of students, parents and staff is very loving and open. I also love the environment, very beautiful indoors and out, esp. all the animals!

La Mariposa Montessori
18 Puesta Del Sol, Santa Fe, NM  87508
Last modified La Mariposa Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
La Mariposa Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top