Santa Teresa, NM
Students enrolled: 1,302

Posted September 24, 2013
As a student of Santa Teresa High School I find this school to be improving each and every year: having and seeing older siblings graduate from here. The teachers here do an exceptional job and forging bonds with their students. Through this bond you do receive individualized help from your teachers. The teachers don't just view you as another student like some schools do. One of my teachers explained it to us the best, "We are an investment in their future" that is why they care that we receive the best quality and education out there. Fights and bullying at a minimum. SAT and ACT scores improve each year, as well does our state test performance. The fallacies on the nurses charging a dollar and our own teachers being illiterate in English, bemuses me because there is no merit to these statements. STHS is a terrific school striving towards higher standards yearly.

Posted January 08, 2013
This scool is awwsum! I learned so much from this scool! The akademmics are top-knotch! I wennt to this scool and I learned soo much, especcally in englich and gramar. Am so todally sending my children to this scool! Am proud to bee a Santa Teresa gratuade! Blakk, Wite, Loyal forrever!

Santa Teresa High School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am in our school district. Where to begin... we moved here thinking our children would be in a district that was rated higher than average. Well not so much. The teachers barely speak English, the principal said... Your kids will know they are different here.... REALLY?? Extracurricular activites well needless to say... They do not exist here. This has been the worst experience in a school I could have imagined. To top it off the school is so poor, that they are now charging the kids a dollar to see the nurse. You have to be kidding me?? This school district is absurd. We have tried to speak with the superintendent. Well he has been too busy to call us back the 4 times we have called. If I was you, I would never think of sending your kids to school here. Move away... That is what we are doing. Selling the house and moving to a district that has some motivation for children. Besides horrible leadership and horrible teachers; this school should be shut down!!!! This will not let you give less than one star. Sad I know, not even one star worthy.

Posted April 01, 2012
I go to this school the level of academics is the best in the district our current report card delivered after state testing was a b the faculty thought this was great but not good enough they laucned a campaign every teacher in school has badges tht say Be the chAnge meaning change from a B to an A. The teachers are all amazing thy do not let any one do the bare minumum.

Santa Teresa High School 2

Posted March 02, 2012
I was a student at Santa Teresa High School. I graduated in 2007 and I do not believe that STHS prepared most of its students for a college education or for the workforce. I am currently a college student. I was a top ten percent student. I took pre-calculus, received an "A" in the course and when I joined the university I am currently attending I placed into pre-calculus. I should have placed into calculus since I had already taken pre-calculus. Why did I receive an "A" in the high school but wasn't able to pass the test at the university? Take into mind too that this was an honors class. The regular math classes were a lot worse. Many of the friends that I had that were taking Algebra two said that some of the teachers made the tests real easy and that the the teacher didn't put effort into teaching them. The band program was real good when I was there, but I don't know about now since they have a new band teacher. There were some teachers that really cared about students like some of the science teachers I had. My pre calulus teacher seemed like he cared too, but a lot of the kids were not prepared for the material. STHS needs a lot more college preparation for kids.

Santa Teresa High School 0

Posted September 10, 2009
Great school and my peers are also great. I highly recommend this school to everybody. Keeps gettin better and better everyday!! Just love it a lot.

Posted August 01, 2009

Posted May 13, 2009
Its such a wounderful school. Kids enjoy and have wounderful experiences out of this school. Its just simply the best high school in nm

Posted May 16, 2007
Santa Teresa High School is the Best! The staff is wonderful and the students are the nicest kids I have ever meet. My children are very happy in this small school.

Santa Teresa High School 2

Posted October 04, 2006

Santa Teresa High School
100 Airport Road, Santa Teresa, NM  88008
Last modified Santa Teresa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Teresa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top