Silver City, NM

Jose Barrios Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2013
Looking back I wish I had responded to the comments made on 9/13/09 and 6/6/08 when I was first made aware of them. The comment made on 9/13/09 has no merit whatsoever. Visiting with students and staff and observing both in the classroom and on the playground made it apparent this individual was not being bullied but the bully. The comment made on 6/6/08 was not surprising at all. When individuals are disrespectful, threatening, and trying to intimidate action needs to be taken for the safety of school staff.

Posted April 27, 2011
Such an awesome school! You should really think about going there! I Love the principal a lot too! Also the academic programs are really challenging and the teachers are really nice and fun. the leadership is also really really really good!

Posted March 05, 2011
This school is somewhere I am happy to send my child. The new principal is really trying to make right any of the wrongs in the school. He truly cares about the future of each of the children in his care. There is no other school in the area that I would rather send my child.

Posted August 12, 2010
This school is excellent and with the new principal it will be even better! Mr. Koury was a talented PE teacher that all of the kids loved and he will be a great principal-yea for new leadership!

Jose Barrios Elementary School 0

Posted March 22, 2010
I also agree with the review stating you do not know when your child is going to be going on a field trip. they do not send notices home letting you know what the trip is. There are some field trips that I would rather spend the time doing something with my child then sending them off on a school bus to go to a play. I would like the choice and more importantly the knowledge they will not be in school that day.

Jose Barrios Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2009
I had a bullying situation where no one even the principal could or would assist. My child was given homework and not assisted in understanding the work, the teacher lost homework regularly and blamed it on my child. It was unfortunate because there was a time when my child loved school and after attending this school that was no longer the case, sadly we are working on achieving that fun and love for school my child once had. Way too much favoritism takes place in this school and not enough teaching.

Posted April 22, 2009
My 3 daughters attended this school and I am very happy with the academics and the teacher s professionalism. The teachers at Jose Barrios are the best teachers in town. My oldest daughter has a 4.0 GPA in middle school; thanks to the encouragement she received by her teachers at Jose Barrios Elem. My second daughter (5th grade) learned the love for Art (dance and singing) thanks to her teachers. My third daughter who is in first grade is reading at 3.0 grade level. Jose Barrios Elementary is awesome! We are going to miss it. Thank you for everything and your support. Keep up the love and hard work for the teaching profession.

Posted November 11, 2008
I have had two children in Jose Barrios and have not been happier with a school. This is my children s third elementary school and out of the three this one has enriched my children the most. My daughter excelled through the hands on learning she received and my son has not had a better attitude or grades before. The principal is very much involved with the school and the children. You will see him playing and talking with them everyday.

Posted September 28, 2008
All three of my children attended Jose Barrios Elementary School. It is an excellent school. It is well known as an outstanding school locally and also as one of the best elementary schools in New Mexico. The principal and staff are wonderful and well versed in the best teaching practices. The school is very organized, clean, and puts the needs of students first. The friendly atmosphere and working with students and parents is one of many assests I found at Jose Barrios Elementaary School. I am so glad my children had the opportunity to attend Jose Barrios Elementary School.

Jose Barrios Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2008
This school is very disorganized. They say they want parnets involed but when it comes down to it they don't give you any updates on your childs progress. So every year your child fall a liltte more behind and they always want to blame the parnets and the chlid and never the school.

Jose Barrios Elementary School
1625 Little Walnut, Silver City, NM  88061
(505) 956-2000
Last modified Jose Barrios Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jose Barrios Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top