Silver City, NM

La Plata Middle School 3

Posted June 12, 2013
This school is not the best, by any means, but it certainly isn't the worst either. My daughter just finished 6th grade there & really did well. She had some awesome teachers & learned a lot. Most of all, she enjoyed her 6th grade year. True, they could do more to rally some school spirit & I'm sure the principal's could always do better, but who couldn't, right?. It's not their fault that a lot of kids in the area come from messed-up homes w/ parents who don't take much responsibility for their children. It's a tough socio-economic background in this area & I think they do their best.

Posted June 12, 2013
I am a student at La Plata Middle school and the teachers rock. I am going to the 7th grade. You all may think it's a horrible school but what I've experienced is if you work hard and behave, you get rewarded. You can't really blame the kids that get into ISS for fighting or bringing drugs to school, because things can be picked up from their parents. Also if they get bad grades usually their parents don't care if their successful. That school gets us ready for our future. (Not like other school don't, but this school does a really good job.)

Posted October 04, 2012
I know that this school is one of the worst ones I have had to deal with and they do nothing for the students at all the students feel like they are in a prison and I have seen it. My daughter got poked so hard by the vice principal it left a poked bruise on her arm, hjowever I am still continuing to persue this matter. First of all one thing that gets to me is there is "favortism" in sports and in the school rooms, if a student doesn't meet a certain criteria they don't get to go to the school dances which I guess is no big deal because first of all they have to pay to get in the dance, they have to pay if they want a picture, they have to pay for any refreshments or snacks. I feel that there is no incentive no positive energy, yeah school is not the most fun place to be but my God at least make i t a more positive place to be will help make the student wake up and be happy and think of it a happy place to go each day. I feel that there should be more activities done, such as have certain games, dancing activities, fun, learning activities, play certain incentive games that students can win certain prizes, have a physical fitness games. Come on I can go on and on.

Posted May 31, 2011
This school is one of the best schools i know and i've been to alot of schools this school may have issues but which school doesnt everyone i know that has attended this school loved it very much and wish they could go back this school is amazing i love it

Posted February 01, 2011
This is a horrible school. I have a son who attends and he is always having issues with the local trash. If you are an outsider you are not welcome. I have talked to the principle and the school superintendant, neither can help. The school superintendant told me that my son would have to fight to get respect, my son goes to school to learn not to fight. I am not the only one I know that has had issues with this school. I have co-workers who have had the same experiences.

Posted April 19, 2010
Coming from a major city, this school is one of the worst I have had to experience! Between the potty mouths, the talk of being under the influence, and the hitting between other students in front of teachers, this school is a disgrace! What's worse? Having a principal and superintendent who have done nothing to stop it or try to change it!

Posted January 03, 2010

La Plata Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2009
This school is the best and the teachers are vantastic, i was sick for a few months and they helped me get all my work and help try to pass the 6th grade.I love this school!

La Plata Middle School 5

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted January 11, 2008

La Plata Middle School
3500 North Silver St, Silver City, NM  88061
(505) 956-2000
Last modified La Plata Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Plata Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top