Bad
Good

The staff at Thoreau High School cares about the students. They go out of their way to help them succeed.

Thoreau has a great academic and extra-curricular program. The teachers and dedicated to their students and the programs in their charge. The school is making great strides in improving test scores and upgrading the curriculum.

I just attented the Parent/Teacher Conference, and we had a good time. I think the Principal there is a very caring individual, I know she will help any student succeed including my child. I appreciate all the help we get from her to help my child succeed. I have to admit though some teachers weren't very nice. As far as discipline, I really think it should be a little stricter than it is now and I think we need more secrurities there, for the safety of our children.

I think the Principal and Vice Principal are two caring individuals. They will help any student succeed if they try. Parents are the first to complain but they need to realize where the students first learn(home) this is where the blame should be they need to work together with the teachers and prin not against them.

This school has some awsome teachers, but the students and the ciriculum lacks the attention of the parents who need to recieve better information and updates of their children. The learning eviornmet is not a good one. Students argue with each other and most of all with teachers. Complete with a hard headed security who shows no respect to anyone.

Last modified Thoreau High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.