Posted May 13, 2010
As a former student of THS I have to say that the critism of the teachers is wrong. The staff will go out of their way to help a student who needs some help. I for one should know. They can only teach to the students who want to learn and most don't want to learn. They just want to get out of high school as fast as possible without doing any of the work. They want a free ride. I would have no problem sending or recommending Tularosa High School to anyone.

Tularosa High School 1

Posted May 30, 2009
I am a former student of THS, I have to agree with some of the other reviewers, in that it was my experience also that the racial views at this school are very bias, but what I find appalling is that they eliminated the music program, that was the only outlet for some of the students, but that shouldn't be surprising to anyone, they have always catered to the athletics crowd, it's all about the money they make by manipulating the students. If you fit in with the certain preferred group, you will do well, if not, they will though you under the bus.

Tularosa High School 4

Posted January 07, 2009
Tularosa High School is above average when it comes to facilities and education for a school its size. The staff at Tularosa High School is willing to do what it takes to help the students succeed in and out of the classroom. As a former student I was provided with the opportunity to participate in both athletic and academic extracurricular activities which had a motivated staff to assist in my improvement. Just as any other school, the educational experience is what the student makes of it. Each student has the opportunity to take a more challenging course schedule if they so choose. In doing just that, I was able to perpare myself for some of the more difficult college courses. I was far more prepared than other college students that came from schools that were able to offer AP courses. Tularosa High gave me a great start toward my Engineering degree.

Tularosa High School 2

Posted September 19, 2006

Tularosa High School 3

Posted June 23, 2006
- a former student
I think it is ironic that the people critizing the teachers at THS are themselves barely literate. An important point to rememeber is that the faculty's first responsibility is to educate the students. I am a result of the Tularosa educational system and feel as though my former teachers did a good job educating me. They provided me with a solid foundation which helped me become successful in college, the military and the real world. Another point that must be made is education starts at home. I would not hesitate to enroll a child in the Tularosa school system.

Tularosa High School 4

Posted January 17, 2006
- a former student

Tularosa High School 2

Posted December 20, 2005
My child goes to Tularosa High, but doesn't know a thing. Why you may ask? The teachers. They do not take time to listen and are always worried about other activities such as Homecoming. Another concern is that the teachers favor athletes giving extra credit even though the student may not have earned it so that they would be elidgible for the oncoming season. They may have to do this because of the fact the school is so small but come on, what about the students who have earned it. This has happened many times throughout my child attendence to Tularosa Schools.

Posted May 18, 2005

Posted April 26, 2005
My granddaughter goes to THS and a better school I cannot imagine. Teachers are very student oriented and work well with parents in all areas. The school is small so music and AP classes are not available, but the small class size and rural atmosophere more than make up for it.

Tularosa High School 1

Posted September 23, 2004
This school takes there time a drag there feet for other races and they dont think of the childs education they just think of only kids with good back grounds and the one's with bad one they judge them and they should be willing to give some of them kids chances to correct there mistakes in life.

Tularosa High School
1305 8th St, Tularosa, NM  88352
Last modified Tularosa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tularosa High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top