Bad
Good

Posted November 18, 2015
NSES is a great school! I am very grateful for everything my daughter has learned. There's a great group of parents and I'm always kept in the loop and informed. It's a all around great school!

Posted November 02, 2011
NSES has been extremely good to my children in regards to their education and their balance view on teaching the children on how to tolerate various backrounds that children come from, etc. That's what you call preparing them for the real work force they will face as adults. Teachers are highly qualified and very involved in motivating children with challenging academic studies. Principal leadership is strong. I will suggest though a lot less time focusing on personal parties and more activities that will involve and bring ALL children together, which will boost the self confidence in children. Personal parties belong home not on school time. I will definitely highly recommend NSES to anyone!

Posted March 28, 2006
My children both go to School 19. The teachers are great. The parents are really involved with the school.When I send my children too school I don't worry about their safety. Thank goodness that is our neighborhood school. Because I would not want to send them anywhere else.

Posted August 26, 2005
I have 3 children, my oldest went all the way through 6th grade and my other two are currently attending. I have been very happy with our school experience. There is a great group of parents who are very involved in the school. The faculty has been very open to parent communication.

Posted June 07, 2005
My daughter has been at school 19 for two years now. It is one of, if not the top rated elementry school in the city of Albany. Academics are the focal point here, and in this area the school has served us incredibly well. Personally I like the policies that focus on school work and study over school as an entertainment source. Conversely though, perhaps because of this focus, this single minded purpose, the teachers and staff (and even alot of the parents)seem to be constantly sedate, authoritarian, if not downright sour. There is no sense of real fun or excitement to education at this school, more a sense of duty.

Posted November 28, 2004
I was surprised to read the negative words about this school. The principal of this school has always responded immediately to my concerns. Granted.. This school does not coddle children and allow excuses; if your child has a problem the staff will work with you to resolve it, but they are not allowing a child to act out on a regular basis in order to accomodate 'special needs'

New Scotland Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2004
Many teachers in this school are mean. The principal treat you as if your a second class citizen if you have a complaint. If you are a parent of a child with special needs I would recommend you find another school. Your complaints will not be considered valid.

New Scotland Elementary School
369 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY  12208
Last modified New Scotland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.