Albany, NY

North Albany Academy 5

Posted January 05, 2011
They offer an excellent curriculm, dynamic staff & great resources. Many community organizations donate money & supplies to this gem of a school. I also love the fact that it is k-8.

North Albany Academy 0

Posted November 02, 2009
The teachers and students work hard to do our best and partner with the community to help wherever needed.

North Albany Academy 4

Posted August 15, 2008
I am so pleased with how this school operates. When I was a youngster growing up in North Albany, noone wanted to associate with kids that went to PS 20. When I moved back to this area with my own children, I was actually scared to send my child there, now called North Albany Academy. I can not tell you how my thoughts have changed. The kids are happy there - the staff is wonderful - the principal is great - and it is attached to a branch of the Albany Public Library as well as to the N. Albany YMCA. There are always going to be a few or even more than a few kids who give a bad reputation to every school. The staff work together and those with bad behaviors are removed from the group and dealt with. I am very pleased to have children attend there!

North Albany Academy 4

Posted January 29, 2008

North Albany Academy 5

Posted January 29, 2008

North Albany Academy 2

Posted January 03, 2005
I give P.S. #20 a poor rating for overall performance and parent involvement. When me & my wife go to the PTA meetings every month there are 5 parents including us, 2 teachers and 1 principal. I find it disappointing because not many parents want to get involved for this school. They send out flyers in advance with the kids. I know most of the parents, I tell them what the topics are and they say 'I'll be there' and when 6:30 comes they are no show but they will ask me how was the meeting and I reply nicely you should have been there. The only time you see them is when we have special meetings that include dinner, all other monthly meetings not present. It is a shame because this is the school their children attend and they should be active and their voices heard!

North Albany Academy
570 North Pearl Street, Albany, NY  12204
Last modified North Albany Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Albany Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top