Westmere Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2011
I mover from Seattle and had my daughter here from 3rd to 5th grade. I am very happy with a speed which they picked up all her struggles and helped her to work on them (reading, social issues, etc). She loves going to school and enjoy studding.

Westmere Elementary School 3

Posted October 08, 2011
i am now a 6th grader in the middle school. westmere is a very good school, and i loved my teachers, but the pace of learning was set to the speed of the slowest kid. i knew my timestables up to 6 in first grade, so why do i need to learn how to add, if i knew it for 2 years? i had to put up with the usual, finish all of the work, then bore myself out for the rest of the class. the only thing i looked forward to academically, was the enrichment room, where i went frequently. finally, my parents called the school principal, asking for me to skip a grade. well, they said no. "because the other kids would be saaad." they sugarcoatedly said. yeah, right. who else aces all of the state tests 2 years in a row? thank you for listening to my concerns

Westmere Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2011
The teachers are nice but I find the principal and teachers do not communicate with parents unless you are assertive and pursue them. I am also not impressed with the quality of the education.

Posted August 15, 2009
The teachers at westmere elementary school are great. They guide the children to attain high standards of learning. The music department is also very supportive involving kids to experience awesome musical concerts.

Posted June 13, 2008
Great school - excellent teacher-to-student ratio. My child attends kindergarten here and she absolutely loves it. The kindergarten teachers and teaching assistants really take an active interest in encouraging kids to grow and learn - my child has already advanced from Level 1 to Level 4 - all in a matter of three months. I am proud to have my child attend Westmere.

Posted March 29, 2008

Posted September 12, 2006
'I find that Westmere Elementary School has the greatest teachers who have formed strong relationships with their students and show that they care about them as people. My daughter has encountered the greatest teachers that are warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring at Westmere Elementary School . The teachers at Westmere Elementary School have these qualities that have stayed after school and made themselves available to the students and the parent who need them. They are involved in school-wide committees and activities, and they demonstrate a commitment to the school.'

Westmere Elementary School
6270 Johnston Rd, Albany, NY  12203
Last modified Westmere Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmere Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top