Bad
Good

This school has excellent teachers, a passionate principal and involved parents. The atmosphere and culture of the school is warm. It is a community. The Montessori approach works well for advanced students, average students and those struggling.

This school is so well run! The teachers are engaged and responsive. The administration is responsive. The children are very well behaved, even during the most chaotic time of the day--during lunch. My daughter is reading and doing adding and subtraction--note--she is in preK! She has made great friends and is very happy there.

The teachers at MMS work so hard to try to help each and every child be successful. They also put tons of time into special projects and creative endeavors that help our kids be well-rounded learner.

The Albany Montessori Magnet School in Albany, NY is wonderful place to learn because of our teachers, teacher assistants, principal, other professional and support staff, stong family involvement, diversity and our incredibly great students!!

All three of my children have attended MMS since they were in Pre-Kindergarten. They are motivating, managed independent learners who thrive in school. They are strong readers and writers and get along well with others. I love MMS!

I have written a review before on Graet Schools regarding Montessori Magnet elementary school in Albany, NY. I have had two children attend Albany's Montessori Magnet Elementary School, Both have attended the school since pre-k. Currently one is in sixth grade at Meyers Middle School in Albany with a 97 average and the other is in fourth grade earning exceptional grades. For three years running, MMS has been awarded by the NYS Education Department. Both of my children receive(d) excellent guidance and mentoring. In my experience, the teachers have gone above and beyond to assist all students in meeting their goals. The community and culture that surrounds the school and that the school creates is a valuable asset to the Albany community. The methods used at MMS are a great mix of the Montessori teaching methods and the NYS required teaching curriculum. I'm proud my children have had the opportunity to go to MMS, and I wouldn't have made a different choice. The skills and values they have learned at Montessori Magnet support what we teach our children at home and have prepared them to excel in their journey through school and life.

I have three children at this school, the oldest in third grade, middle in 1st, and the youngest in Pre-K. We've been fortunate to be involved with the school since my oldest was in Pre-K. Our whole family loves this school. The teachers are amazing people who not only love their jobs, but also the children they teach. The administration is supportive of both the staff and parents. In the community that is part of the school, we've found life long friends. It's an amazing place for learning and to watch your children grow. We are especially thrilled to have the combination of the Montessori education and a public school, a rare occurrence in not only the US, but world wide. We consider ourselves fortunate to have our children learn and grow at this school.

It is student centered, so they learn how to interact with each other and their world. It provides exposure to national and international cutural events, which is very important in today's global community.

My children both graduated from the Montessori Magnet School. They both frequently refer to their time at Montessori as being a cataliyst for their love and learning and for instilling a high level of intrinsic motivation to do good work.

Very happy with the approach to education. Kids seem to get it more deeply than at other schools.

Last modified Montessori Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.