Shaker Road Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2011
I agree with the other reviewers that the principal knows everyone (parents and students) by name. I also agree that the parents are very involved. However, supervision is nonexistent. For example, in the midst of implementing an "anti bullying" program, my child's 2nd grade teacher told the class to call a thumb-sucking student a "baby" whenever he sucked his thumb. She was a completely unregulated bully throughout the year. My child also had a "substitute" from Sept to Jan of 1st grade who was extremely ineffective - so much so that most of the class ended up in summer school, but the principal never seemed to notice this teacher's lack of classroom control, lack of lesson plans, etc. Nothing was accomplished for the first half of the year, and it didn't get much better when the regular teacher returned to that out of control class. She jus wasn't that in to it. I highly recommend that the website see through ny - it lists teacher salaries and will let you evaluate how much you are paying, compared to what you get for your money..

Posted June 21, 2009
What a wonderful school. My fifth child is now attending Shaker Road and I couldnn't be happier... Parents are encouraged to volunteer, teachers are truly excellent, and I have noticed definite improvement in many 'needy' children of the district.. The principal knows all children by first name. The administrative staff is friendly, helpful, and vey kind to all the children... It is a school made for wonderful memories - so says my high school senior!! Hooray for South Colonie Schools.

Posted March 17, 2009
excellent school. The staff is wonderful. My daughter is in the 3rd grade at Shaker Road and she loves it.

Posted December 14, 2006

Shaker Road Elementary School
512 Albany Shaker Rd, Albany, NY  12211
Last modified Shaker Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shaker Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top