Bad
Good

Our kids loved it here. Great principal and engaging teaching staff as well as strong parent involvement.

this school is amazing. what a wonderful school. it is the perfect school, excellent school.

My son is in Kindergarten and we've had problems on the bus and in the cafeteria. I worked with my sons teacher and the principal to remedy the problems and was very pleased by how they responded and helped me and my child. I love the principal and Mrs. Teter. My son is happy to go to school in the morning and happy when he gets home. I volunteer in the classroom once a week and feel appreciated and think the extra body in the class does help. I wish there could be a permanent aid in the class but am happy to help since there can't be at this time. We will be moving this summer and I can truly say I am sad that our time at Shaker Road was so short. I would recommend this school to others in a heart beat.

I agree with the other reviewers that the principal knows everyone (parents and students) by name. I also agree that the parents are very involved. However, supervision is nonexistent. For example, in the midst of implementing an "anti bullying" program, my child's 2nd grade teacher told the class to call a thumb-sucking student a "baby" whenever he sucked his thumb. She was a completely unregulated bully throughout the year. My child also had a "substitute" from Sept to Jan of 1st grade who was extremely ineffective - so much so that most of the class ended up in summer school, but the principal never seemed to notice this teacher's lack of classroom control, lack of lesson plans, etc. Nothing was accomplished for the first half of the year, and it didn't get much better when the regular teacher returned to that out of control class. She jus wasn't that in to it. I highly recommend that the website see through ny - it lists teacher salaries and will let you evaluate how much you are paying, compared to what you get for your money..

What a wonderful school. My fifth child is now attending Shaker Road and I couldnn't be happier... Parents are encouraged to volunteer, teachers are truly excellent, and I have noticed definite improvement in many 'needy' children of the district.. The principal knows all children by first name. The administrative staff is friendly, helpful, and vey kind to all the children... It is a school made for wonderful memories - so says my high school senior!! Hooray for South Colonie Schools.

excellent school. The staff is wonderful. My daughter is in the 3rd grade at Shaker Road and she loves it.

Last modified Shaker Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.