Veeder Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2010
I recently registered my daughter at Veeder Elementary, so I have not yet had much experience with anyone in that particular school, but I have had the displeasure of dealing with some of the people at the district office. The very first time I spoke with the registrar, I was rudely cut off and unable to ask any questions. He hurried me off the phone and was extremely unwelcoming. I just moved to the school district and he was one of the first encounters I had with anyone from there, which made me very uneasy about my child going to this school. Again, I am only saying this about the registrar in particular, not Veeder as a whole. I hope to have a better experience once school starts, and hope I can come back to this website and leave a positive rating.

Posted March 28, 2010

Veeder Elementary School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
I like the teachers and the school, but have had a really hard time finding friendly, welcoming parents since I am new to the community. My children have only made friends with kids who's parents are not involved and dysfunctional. I'm feeling veery concerned that my decision to move here was a bad one. My children are good kids and my whole life has been making sure they are raised well. What am I doing wrong?

Veeder Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
My son is in the 1st grade. I am very pleased with his teacher, assistant teacher, reading teacher, room mother, and could not be more impressed by their support and desire to educate my child.

Veeder Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2007
My daughter is educated and is above her reading level. But as far as the other great experiences the other ladies are talking about I have not experienced them. I haven't had the chance to share in school experiences with my daughter, such as holidays, time that can not be given back.I do highly regret that aspect of this school. I did join the PTA hoping to be involved and have a voice but that didn't happen either. I did enjoy my time volunteering for the children.

Posted April 03, 2007
I truly love veeder elementary! currently I have a second grader and in the fall I will have a kindergartner enrolled. There are so many wonderful activities that the school sponsors, both inside the school and else where. Veeder kids & veeder families rock!

Posted April 02, 2007
The best Elementary School in South Colonie, has made an impression on my son. Teachers care about the kids. Veeder cares about all children.

Posted April 01, 2007
For the past four years, Veeder has provided a safe and warm environment in which my child has been able to flourish both academically and personally. The teachers and staff have been nothing less than outstanding. The opportunity to be involved is excellent. I have been able to be a parent helper in the classroom twice a week, chaperone field trips and help out with several of the special days and activities planned for the students. While Veeder itself does not offer sports programs, the district as a whole does. As a third grader, my child is learning to play an instrument in music. At the end of the year there is a very impressive Art Show where the students proudly display their art work for the entire community to view. After which, the art is sent home. Most importantly, my child loves Veeder and all it offers.

Veeder Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2007
I think that Veeder is a wonderful school with great teachers! My son loves this school and I believe that there are plenty of opportunities for parental involvement. Academically, my son has done very well. This is a really great school that focuses on the development of each child individually. I feel that my son is safe at this school, as the principal finds the safety of the students VERY important! I would recommend this district as well as this school to anyone.

Posted March 29, 2007
Veeder is a wonderful school. I have two children who attend Veeder and am very pleased with their teachers. When one of my children struggled with reading and writing, he was given extra help in school. The teachers and other staff are always available for advice and have even given me resources so that I can help my children at home as well. Their support has been invaluable to me as a parent. We have been through several teachers now and all of them have been accessible and easy to talk to. I always feel welcome to visit my children at school as both of their teachers encourage classroom participation and, when I visit, the office staff is always friendly and welcoming. I also am pleased that the front doors are always locked and that the principal seems to be very conscientious of school safety. Veeder is a wonderful school!

Veeder Elementary School
25 Veeder Drive, Albany, NY  12205
Last modified Veeder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Veeder Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top