9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I attended Marylrose Academy, the Academy of the hHoly Names, 1968-1971 and we had several inept math and science lay teachers that greatly diminished my educational experience.

My daughter is currently a junior at AHN. The school is expensive but I do feel it is worth it. The college counseling is superb and the writing preparation for college is excellent. The one problem I have is the quality of the math program. My daughter struggles with math and is in the math lab but I still find it necessary to hire an outside tutor. Overall, my daughter is happy at Holy Names and if we had to do it over we wouldn't change our decision to send her there.

I am a recent graduate now attending a 4-year college. The language arts and writing programs at Holy Names are excellent. I was very well-prepared for college-level papers, presentations, etc. The math and science departments need serious improvement. I am a science major and I can say that I was not well-prepared for calculus, chemistry, or physics. The exception to this is biology, for which I was exceptionally well-prepared.

I had an excellent experience at this school. I was more than prepared for college and saw other students struggling with things I completed in high school at Holy Names. I continue to be friends with the women I graduated with and would recommend this school to anyone who wants a good education for their daughter.

My daughter did not get a very good education here. The math and science instruction is awful. In hindsight, public school would have been a much better choice.

Last modified Academy of the Holy Names Upper is a Private school that serves grades 9-12